385-387

Chapter 385: Call the Police

A thought came to Lu Huaiyu’s mind, and his thin lips twitched slightly.

“There’s no need for others to be concerned.”

Ye family home.

As soon as Ning Li had entered the house, Aunt Zhao heard the sound and walked out.

When she saw Ning Li, her brows quickly furrowed.

“Miss Ning Li, are you… back on your own?”

Su Yuan had already called yesterday and said that she would temporarily be staying in the Capital and would not be coming back.

She had also been looking at her phone in the past two days and had also learned about the matter of Ye Ci’s cheating and the leaked questions in the physics competition. Of course, she understood why they were like this.

However, she had not expected Ning Li to come back on her own.

Ning Li hummed lightly and did not look at her as she walked upstairs.

Aunt Zhao stared at her back as she went upstairs and pursed her lips.

The Ye family was facing such a big crisis, yet Ning Li did not seem to have any reaction to it at all.

Although she was not a member of the Ye family, she had been living and eating in the Ye family for the past few months. Even if she was a dog, surely she would know how to be grateful. On the other hand, Ning Li had always been extremely indifferent from beginning to end. She was truly an ingrate!

Aunt Zhao could not be bothered to deal with Ning Li and turned around to leave.

Ning Li came to the door of her room. Her gaze was fixed on the lock for a moment, and her eyes narrowed slightly.

Then, she opened the door.

The whole bedroom looked as if it had been ransacked and was in a complete mess.

The blankets and pillows on the bed were in a messy pile. The wardrobe door was left open as clothes and hangers were scattered on the floor.

She went in and walked around. Finally, she opened a box that had been placed in the innermost drawer.

The packaging was intact, but it was empty.

She calmly took out her phone and took a photo.

Then, she exited the room and turned around to go downstairs.

Aunt Zhao was sitting on the sofa playing with her phone.

These past few days, Ye Ming and the rest of the family had not been at home, so she felt much more laidback.

“You broke into my room.”

A cold and calm voice came from behind, which gave Aunt Zhao a fright.

She patted her chest and frowned as she looked back at Ning Li.

“What trespassing? I just went in to look for something.”

This was an admission.

Ning Li said, “Go upstairs immediately and restore everything to its original state.”

Aunt Zhao said indifferently, “It’s only a few things. You can clean it up yourself.”

Ning Li asked in a light voice, “Are you not willing?”

It was as if her tone had made Aunt Zhao angry. She put away her phone, sneered, and spoke in a sarcastic tone.

“Miss Ning Li, you seem to have forgotten that this is the Ye family home. I’m here to serve the Ye family, not you.”