133-135

Chapter 133: Is She Home?

When she went upstairs, she met Lin Yaohui in the corridor.

“Mr. Lin?”

Ye Ci smiled and greeted the man.

Lin Yaohui was Yu Pingchuan’s assistant, he practically arranged all of Yu Pingchuan’s schedules and plans.

He was in charge of liaising with the organizers and the exhibition committee on behalf of Yu Pingchuan, so he knew Ye Ci as well.

“Ah, Ye Ci, you’re here too?”

Lin Yaohui was a little surprised to see her here.

Ever since the Huatsing Cup, Ye Ci had barely had any contact with the exhibition committee. She claimed that she was busy with her studies and wanted to focus on her entrance exam.

He had not expected to see her at the art exhibition today.

“Yeah, I heard Mr. Yu Pingchuan had some artwork on display here, so I thought I’d come here to have a look and learn a little something.”

Lin Yaohui pointed at the first floor.

“Didn’t you see it? It’s in the southeast hall on the first floor.”

Ye Ci was slightly surprised.

She had come here in a hurry and was not here to look at paintings, so she had not even noticed Yu Pingchuan’s artwork on display.

Fortunately, she was able to recover from her surprised look.

“Thank you, Mr. Lin. I saw it earlier. I also heard that Mr. Yu is here today, so I thought of seeing and greeting him myself. I wonder if Mr. Yu is available for a meeting?”

Lin Yaohui looked a little troubled. “Ah, I see… It’s not too convenient now. Mr. Yu has a guest with him.”

A guest?

The people from the exhibition committee were organizers, not guests, so it must be someone else.

Ye Ci thought of a particular someone.

Could it be Lu Huaiyu?

She had a glance at the room where Lin Yaohui came out from.

The door was tightly shut. She could not see or hear anything.

She smiled and said, “If that’s the case, I’ll excuse myself then.”

Lin Yaohui nodded. “Vice-president Zhang and the others are in B206, you can go meet them there.”

“Thank you, Mr. Lin.”

Lin Yaohui then went downstairs.

Ye Ci had one last glance at the tightly shut door before she went to B206.

She planned to linger on the second floor a little longer which might allow her to wait for Yu Pingchuan to finish his meeting with his ‘guest’.

“I didn’t expect to see you here.”

Yu Pingchuan poured a cup of tea for himself and said with a smile.

Lu Huaiyu was sitting opposite him.

“How’s the artwork here? Did you find anything interesting?” the man asked.

Lu Huaiyu grinned softly. “No.”

“Hehe, you are as harsh as ever.” Yu Pingchuan had expected the answer and was not overly concerned.