310-312

Chapter 310: A Picture Together

They were so close that she could even feel his breath on her face as he spoke.

She could feel how hot it was.

Ning Li pursed her lips after hearing what Lu Huaiyu said.

“Second Brother, stop joking,” she said.

Lu Huaiyu raised a brow and stared at her.

After a short pause, Ning Li explained, “As I was coming in, I overheard them talking about trailing you since yesterday night. They had purposely chosen today to do this.”

“I see.” Lu Huaiyu nodded softly.

‘Is she worried about…me?’

Ning Li looked up. Her charming eyes were crystal clear and so bright that it felt as if they could leave a brand on his heart.

However, Ning Li swiftly moved away after only a brief glance.

“Does Second Brother think I’m… too impulsive?”

Lu Huaiyu straightened his body and stroked her soft hair.

“No. I’m just afraid that you might hurt your hands. Just let me handle situations like this in the future, okay?”

He then walked to the garbage dump that was off to the side and threw the bag away.

Ning Li walked closer to him and frowned slightly.

“Second Brother, I thought you were sick.”

She recalled how hot his breath was when he had spoken so close to her face.

“Are you having a fever?”

“Mhmm. I’ve taken some medicine,” Lu Huaiyu said.

“No wonder. Second Brother, have you eaten anything?”

Lu Huaiyu shook his head.

“Would you like to have breakfast with me?”

Ning Li followed Lu Huaiyu into the elevator.

After Lu Huaiyu tapped on the button to the highest floor, he suddenly thought of something and asked, “How did you get past the security?”

Chen Jing owned a unit in the place, so he naturally had access. However, Ning Li was not a resident.

As he asked his question, he turned to Ning Li.

Ning Li replied nonchalantly, “I told the security guard that I know you, so he let me in.”

“Oh? That’s all?”

Lu Huaiyu obviously did not believe that it had been that easy and smirked as he looked at her.

After a short pause, Ning Li added, “He said he wanted proof, like a picture with you or something, but I didn’t have any. So in the end, I showed him my Wechat and your voice message.”

Showing the security guard the voice message would of course have worked, but she had not done it then.

Most of the time, Lu Huaiyu communicated only through text messages, so she only had a few short voice messages.

Lu Huaiyu nodded with understanding. “I see.”

Ding! The elevator door slowly opened.

Lu Huaiyu stepped out and headed to the door to key in the password.

Ning Li waited behind him. The door felt both familiar and strange at the same time.

As the door opened, Lu Huaiyu grabbed a pair of slippers for her from the front entrance.