16-18

Chapter 16: He Calls Her Lili

The night self-learning program in Yunzhou Second Senior High School ended at 9:00 p.m. The Ye family’s mansion was located less than half an hour’s drive away from the school. The journey would not take more than 40 minutes even if one were to travel on a public bus.

However, it was now past 11:30 p.m.!

It was only Ning Li’s first day at school yet she had already come home late. How could Su Yuan not be upset?

She simply reacted to the latter’s rage with nonchalance.

“Something came up all of a sudden.”

Then, she turned around, intending to head upstairs.

Su Yuan jumped to her feet.

“Something came up all of a sudden? Do you mean you went out with a hooligan?!”

Ning Li looked over her shoulder to throw the woman an indifferent glance.

A shudder passed through Su Yuan instantly.

However, this feeling was immediately replaced by the fury rising inside her.

People at the Ye family’s mansion grew concerned when Ning Li was not home at the expected time. It was not until Ye Ci made a few calls to her friends that they learned Ning Li had left with a hooligan on a bike after the night self-learning program ended.

“You’re mixing with such bad people at this young age. Is this how your grandma raised you?!”

Ning Li wrapped her fingers around the bag strap over her shoulder. Her beautiful eyes exuded an oppressing indifference instantly!

“You out of all people can’t say that.”

Everyone else could criticize Ning Li on her upbringing, but not Su Yuan!

The latter coughed drily all of a sudden. She felt suffocated being placed under that intense, piercing stare.

She pointed a shaking finger at Ning Li.

“You!”

Footsteps were heard shuffling upstairs.

Ye Ci walked out of her room dressed in a pure cotton nightgown.

She poked her head over to look at what was happening downstairs. Upon seeing Ning Li’s silhouette, she heaved a sigh of relief and spoke in a soft voice.

“Big Sister Ning Li, you’re finally back. Mom has been waiting for you all night in the living room.”

Her gaze swept past Ning Li and landed on Su Yuan.

“Mom, what matters is that Big Sister Ning Li is safe. Please don’t get upset.”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Ning Li questioned.

Hearing that, some might think that she was out doing horrible crimes.

“Was it you who said I’ve been out spending time with a hooligan?”

Ye Ci pursed her lips.

“Big Sister Ning Li, I didn’t say that.”

“Ning Li! Don’t shoot the messenger!” Su Yuan took a long inhale. “Were you planning to keep lying if Lil Ci hadn’t asked around?!”

Ning Li felt like laughing out loud.

“I didn’t plan to keep anything from anyone. Even though it looks like Ye Ci didn’t find out about the whole picture.