235-237

Chapter 235: His Precious Girl Can’t Suffer

Lu Huaiyu had ways to return whatever pain and grievance that these thugs brought to Ning Li. He would get back at them a hundred times more.

The Second Young Master of the Lu family from the Capital was born to be proud, with an innate arrogance, and was certainly not easy to please.

He would not endure any irritation or suffering.

Ning Li looked at him blankly without any reaction.

The man in front of her had such a handsome face and deep eyes. He permeated class and self-restraint and was so unattainable.

His thin lips curved slightly with a hint of a smile as if what he had said earlier was simply a casual joke.

However, in the depth of his eyes seemed to lie a pool of ice that exuded bone-chilling coldness.

Ning Li knew that Lu Huaiyu was not joking.

Lu Huaiyu had already thought it through.

Ning Li’s heart was torn. When she faced these people, she would always choose patience, no matter how hard or torturous it was.

Lu Huaiyu did not know when she would be able to get over this mental block, but it did not matter.

If she could not take this step, he would step in. It was all the same anyway.

Although she could endure all the abuse and bullying, he could not.

His precious girl that he carefully held in the palm of his hand was being bullied like this. If he could endure this, then he was not Lu Huaiyu.

Lu Huaiyu smiled nonchalantly, recklessly, and widely.

“Anyway, I’m known as a big bully, so bullying a few more won’t matter to me.”

Lu Huaiyu was adamant about protecting this girl.

Ning Li stared at him in a daze. Her mind was blank, but her heart was rapidly surging with emotions, filling her chest. It was sore and full.

She did not know how to describe this feeling and was just lost.

There seemed to be an invisible hand that was clutching her heart tightly, dragging it downward.

Something threw her into the vortex of the unknown.

There was silence all around, but it seemed like a gentle air was wrapped around her.

She could not escape, nor did she want to break free from it.

“Then…those people…”

“Cheng Xiyue will deal with it first. We can talk about it later, but you don’t need to worry about these things. However, there is something you still need to pay attention to. You left Lincheng three months ago and this is the first time you’ve come back since. It’s only been a day, yet they already knew about your arrival. This news spread a little too fast.”

Lu Huaiyu inclined his head and pondered.

“Looking at their appearance, they don’t seem to be resourceful, and they wouldn’t have that kind of time and energy to monitor this place 24/7, right?”

Ning Li faintly wrinkled her eyebrows.

At first, she had not thought too much about it, but on second thought, this matter was indeed fishy.

That family lived quite far away from here, yet they had been waiting here to ambush her, which only proved that they knew she was back in Lincheng.

This meant that someone had informed them, but it was not easy to tell who the informer was.