232-234

Chapter 232: Lili, Don’t Listen to This

Ning Li was embraced by Lu Huaiyu, and the familiar scent of cedar of his filled her nose. It was such a reassuring smell.

She could even hear his heart thumping loudly.

It was a strong rhythm that pounded in her eardrum and reverberated in her heart.

Ning Li was frozen in place.

Lu Huaiyu held the back of her head and pressed it tightly on his broad and solid chest with a force that was self-restrained yet palpable.

“Lili.” Lu Huaiyu’s stern voice came from above her head.

“Go in first.” As he said this, he led Ning Li inside the house.

Ning Li then heard a painful groan full of resentment coming from outside the door.

“You! Who the h*ll are you?! You broke my arm! I-I’m going to sue you!”

Cheng Xiyue looked at the small group of people with bloodied faces in front of him. They were still loudly making a fuss, full of bloodlust.

It had taken him a lot of effort to pull Lu Huaiyu away.

If not for Ning Li being there, they would not be left with only a few broken bones!

Cheng Xiyue had known Lu Huaiyu for so many years, but he had never seen him in such a rage.

They had come up as fast as they could when they heard the commotion. The scene that greeted them was of these people standing in front of a door, frantically smashing it with clubs and hammers, trying to break in as they screamed and cursed. All the words coming out of their mouths were unpleasant to the ears.

As soon as he had seen this situation, Cheng Xiyue knew that it would end badly. However, before he could react, Lu Huaiyu had already started fighting them.

Although these people were armed, Lu Huaiyu had quite a reputation in the army and the Capital as a fighter. How could they even qualify as his opponent?

A few rounds later, all these people were defeated.

Cheng Xiyue watched on the side with trepidation.

Lu Huaiyu did not hold back. Every punch or kick had landed on the most painful and vital parts of the body.

He had been determined to kill.

When Lu Huaiyu heard the man talking, he paused in his footsteps and looked back.

Cheng Xiyue’s heart jumped. He then quickly approached and kicked the man.

“You guys were trying to break into someone’s home and threatened a minor with violence! I think you’re the ones who should be sued!”

After that, Cheng Xiyue turned to Lu Huaiyu and urged him. “Lu, take Little Ning Li inside first. Don’t taint her eyes with these scumbags.”

Lu Huaiyu held Ning Li a little tighter, completely blocking her view.

However, before they could go inside, these people were clamoring again.

“Are you guys with the Ning family? Do you know that her father ran over my brother with his car and killed him? Her father’s in jail now. Don’t expect her to have an easy time either!”

“It’s only right for them to die! This is what her family owes us!”

“Ning Li! Do you think you can hide? Don’t you feel guilty? Aren’t you afraid that my brother’s spirit will haunt you in the middle of the night? My brother is dead! You and your father should live in remorse and pain for the rest of your life!”