127-129

Chapter 127: Where’s The Evidence

Mr. Su felt guilty and blamed himself for his negligence.

“I… Some students came to me yesterday and asked me for a list. I was in a hurry, so I didn’t go upstairs myself. I asked the other girl to check the rooms for me…”

“Oh, so are you saying that girl did not notice Sun Huihui as well?”

Ning Li looked at Sun Huihui.

“Mr. Su usually checks the place around the same time just before sunset. When you were locked up, didn’t you try to scream for help? Surely someone would have noticed you, right?”

Sun Huihui was speechless.

She had screamed as loud as possible, but…

She had involved both girls because she had wanted them to work with her just so she could trap Ning Li.

Who would have thought that she would be the one who would end up trapped inside the janitor’s room instead?

After hearing Ning Li’s theory, Sun Quan and Mr. Su noticed something fishy.

A weak girl like Sun Huihui would surely have screamed for help if she had been locked up.

Even if she did not have her bag or phone with her, she could have knocked on the door or screamed. The girl that had checked the rooms would definitely have noticed something.

“I… I screamed for a while but didn’t get any response, so I thought no one would be coming and I stopped…”

Sun Huihui’s voice grew softer as she explained.

She then clenched her teeth and shouted, “But I saw the person who pushed me in! It was you! How could I be wrong?”

Ning Li raised a brow. “Oh? Did you see me with your own eyes?”

“Yes!”

Sun Huihui felt a moment of guilt but after being locked up the whole night, all she wanted was to vent her anger and grievances at Ning Li.

Other than Ning Li, who else could it have been?

She was certain that it was Ning Li who had locked her up inside. Even though she had not gotten a clear look, she strongly believed it.

Ning Li was not overly concerned about her accusation.

“This is merely your one-sided argument. We can’t just take your word for it. If you are so certain that it was me who locked you up, then do you have any evidence to prove it?”

Sun Huihui had nothing. The surveillance camera had been blocked and the two girls had been there to make sure Ning Li did not have a chance to escape.

Who would have thought…

“Well, if you don’t have any evidence, let me present mine.”

Ning Li looked at the teachers and said, “I was at the basketball court yesterday evening, watching the match between Duan Xu and Pei Song. There was a crowd there and all of them can confirm that I was there. I don’t even have the time or the interest to lock her up. Moreover, I barely talk to Sun Huihui, even in class. Why would I want to lock her up for a night?”

The last part of her explanation was the part that baffled the teachers.

Ever since Ning Li had transferred here, she had been involved in multiple cases. However, after a thorough investigation, the school realized she had just been trying to defend herself or fight back.