439-441

Chapter 439: You Can Forgive Them, But I Can’t

She looked at him in a daze without saying anything.

Lu Huaiyu approached her and realized that there was something wrong with her expression.

He bent down slightly and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Ning Li paused and said, “Su Yuan went to school to look for me today.”

Lu Huaiyu’s eyes turned cold.

“When?”

“After the evening self-study.”

Ning Li said, hesitating for a moment, but still said, “She came to me for help.”

The expression on Lu Huaiyu’s face was calm, but there was a hint of coldness in his eyes.

“What kind of help?”

Ning Li pursed her lips.

“She… wants me to beg you to help the Ye family.”

Lu Huaiyu’s eyes narrowed before he then started to chuckle.

He had not expected that Su Yuan would have the face to come to Ning Li at this time.

However, upon thinking about it carefully, he felt that this was indeed something that she would do.

He looked at Ning Li and said in a low and unhurried voice, “So, are you helping her to approach me now?”

Ning Li shook her head.

“The Ye family’s matter has nothing to do with me.”

Lu Huaiyu looked into her eyes to make sure that she meant what she said and that she was not affected by it. Then, he smiled.

“That’s good.”

He did not want to see the young girl’s heart soften.

Those people from the Ye family were really not worth it.

Ning Li was stunned when she heard what he said.

Then, she could not help but ask, “Second Brother, what if I had really come to ask for your help? Would you agree?”

When she asked this question, her heart beat faster.

She did not know why she had asked this question. She had clearly not intended on pleading for the Ye family from the beginning.

There was really no need for her to ask.

However, she had still asked this question, with a thought that even she herself did not understand.

Lu Huaiyu said casually, “I wouldn’t.”

Ning Li was stunned and looked at him in a daze.

That was true.

No one was willing to touch the Ye family’s matters.

If Lu Huaiyu were to help, he would probably dirty his hands.

He was an honorable man and had nothing to do with the Ye family to begin with, so there was no need for him to bother.

She lowered her eyes.

In the next moment, she heard him say lazily, “Perhaps you can forgive them for what they did, but I can’t.”

Ning Li was slightly stunned. She raised her eyes to look at him and saw the lips of the man who had always been aloof and noble. His eyes were clear, and his smile was undisciplined.