529-531

Chapter 529: School Anniversary

The few people who were there, exchanged looks with each other when they heard this.

If that was really the case, then... the related rumors should be fake.

After all, if Ning Li had really done something inappropriate, she would not dare to bring her so-called boyfriend to meet people publically, right?

Xue Langlang glanced at Yao Mingjia and frowned slightly.

Ning Li had only mentioned this once and nothing had been settled yet. It was really inappropriate for Yao Mingjia to say this to these people.

However, the words had already left her mouth and she could not take them back.

Moreover, it seemed that this statement was able to suppress the rumors.

She did not want to talk with them anymore, so she turned around and quickly walked away.

Yao Mingjia sensed her displeasure and shrugged.

Another person beside her asked curiously,?“Yao Mingjia, have you seen a photo of Ning Li’s boyfriend before? Is he still in school or he is working?”

Yao Mingjia replied jokingly,?“I haven’t seen him before. She’s kept him a secret pretty well. It’s probably because... her boyfriend is too good to allow anyone to see? But I should be able to see him soon.

“To be honest, I’m quite curious too.”

...

The Institute of Physics.

Office 103.

Xia Rui looked at Ning Li with both admiration and eagerness.

“Yes, this is just in time for the school’s 120th-anniversary celebration. The ceremony will be quite grand. You’re the new student representative, so you’ll have to behave well at that time.”

The Institute of Physics took this matter quite seriously, so Xia Rui had specially called Ning Li over to give her a detailed reminder.

Ning Li nodded.

“Thank you, Teacher Xia. I understand.”

Xia Rui nodded in satisfaction.

“Alright, then you may go back and prepare your script. Don’t be nervous, just perform normally.”

Ning Li agreed and turned around to leave the office.

Just then, the sound of footsteps could be heard on the stairs not far away, interspersed with the occasional sound of conversation.

Ning Li glanced over and saw two people coming down the stairs.

A young man in a white lab coat, who looked about twenty-six or twenty-seven years old, was walking beside someone while holding a stack of documents in his hand. With a respectful expression, he said something in a low voice.

The man he was following was also wearing a white lab coat.

However, perhaps it was because he was so tall and straight, or perhaps it was because he was so handsome and elegant, he somehow managed to exude a different feeling from the ordinary lab coat that he was wearing.

Strict, cold, distant, proud.

–It was Shen Zhijin.

He had a left pen clipped to the left side of his chest and one hand in his pocket. As he listened to the latest progress of the young man’s experiment, he walked over with an indifferent expression.