292-294

Chapter 292: Does She Not Like You?

Yu Pingchuan dropped Ning Li off without staying long.

Since he had come back in a hurry this time, Ning Li urged him to go back and rest.

After Yu Pingchuan and Lin Yaohui left, Ning Li sat down on the sofa in the living room.

This apartment was well-decorated with four bedrooms and two halls. It was also equipped with a special drawing room and study.

Ning Li sat on the sofa in the living room and took out her phone to send a message to Lu Huaiyu.

[Second Brother, I just got to the apartment.]

...

At the same time, Lu Huaiyu had returned to the Lu mansion.

Old Master Lu was skulking around in the yard and peering out the gate from time to time.

When he saw Lu Huaiyu’s car, the old man was immediately energized and straightened his back.

Lu Huaiyu got down from the car.

Old Master Lu swept a glance at him, then quickly looked behind him.

As a result, Lu Huaiyu closed the car door.

Fang Qingyun then drove the car towards the garage.

Old Master Lu’s eyes widened slightly as he walked forward.

Lu Huaiyu saw his grandfather and raised his eyebrows. “Grandpa, what are you looking at?”

Old Master Lu looked around again and asked, “It’s...just you?!”

Lu Huaiyu knew what his grandfather was referring to and looked in the direction of the garage.

He had not told his grandfather that he was going to pick Ning Li up today, which meant that this old man had pried this news from Fang Qingyun.

“Yeah...besides me, who else do you think should be here?”

“My granddaughter-in-law…” Old Master Lu accidentally blurted out, unable to hold himself back.

When he saw Lu Huaiyu’s smiling face, he recovered himself and coughed hard.

“Ahem! Qingyun said that you have a friend who happens to be in the Capital… I thought you went out today to pick her up.”

Fang Qingyun had not actually wanted to tell the Old Master about this, but the old man had noticed something weird about Lu Huaiyu’s recent whereabouts.

How could he not guess it?

However, Fang Qingyun had not revealed Ning Li’s identity.

The old man had been left here alone in anxiety.

‘I thought I could finally meet her today! Who knew this fool wouldn’t get to bring her back?!’ Old Master Lu thought.

Lu Huaiyu did not deny it and said, “She has other places to go in the Capital.”

The old man did not find this acceptable and looked at his grandson up and down.

‘Why is he so calm about this?!’ Old Master Lu thought.

“You’re in the Capital and personally went to pick her up, but didn’t even manage to bring her back?!”

Lu Huaiyu paused in his footsteps.

When Old Master Lu saw Lu Huaiyu’s reaction, he knew that he had guessed correctly.

The old man flung his arms and sighed in disappointment. “Useless!”