199-201

Chapter 199: Have You Been Drinking?

The person who was walking over was none other than George.

He wore a white shirt with beautiful embroidery emblazoned across his left shoulder to the waistline. It was as if someone had accidentally knocked over a paint palette on white canvas with great flair.

His fitted suit pants outlined his long slender legs. His shirt was half tucked in, while the other half hung down casually, highlighting the perfect proportion of his body.

This outfit might look pompous on others, but on him, it was a most fitting expression of his casual aura.

His features were extremely prominent. The evening breeze tousled his chestnut hair, which covered his azure eyes slightly, giving him a more gentle and charming look.

Ning Li had not expected to see George here.

“Why are you here?”

‘Shouldn’t he be in the Capital or out of the country by now?’

The “Flower and Moon” collection had been a big success, and the launch had also been completed. According to George’s usual behavior, he should be on vacation by now.

‘How had he ended up in Yunzhou?’

George walked over on his long legs before standing two steps away from Ning Li. He did not immediately answer her question, as he sized her up with a look of amazement and satisfaction in his eyes.

He had been feeling bored in his room and had happened to hear that Second Master Lu was hosting a celebration party downstairs, so he had come down to take a look.

George had heard of Lu Huaiyu countless times.

He had not expected to meet Ning Li as soon as he arrived.

What was even more surprising was that the dress Ning Li was wearing tonight was one of the dresses he had sent to her earlier.

When he first chose this dress for her, he had thought that she would look extremely beautiful in it. Seeing her in person today, he realized that it was even more amazing than he had imagined.

“You look so beautiful tonight!” George admired her with all his heart. “No one fits the G&S look better than you.”

George was of mixed-race and had grown up abroad, so he had never been stingy with his compliments.

He was romantic and sentimental by nature, and was a born sweet talker.

Ning Li was calm when she heard the compliment and replied, “G&S does suit me.”

George was slightly stunned and could not help but clap and laugh.

Her words sounded fine at first, but with a slight tweaking of his words, the meaning became completely different.

She did not say that she fit G&S well, but that G&S fit her well.

George took a step back and scrutinized Ning Li for a while.

If someone else had said this, George would have scoffed at them. However, this had come from Ning Li. Paired with her aura, it was indeed irrefutable.

George’s gaze fell on the jacket that Ning Li was holding.

It was obviously a man’s suit jacket.

“Who is the lucky man who left his jacket for you?”

The terrace was windy and cold, so it was not enough protection if she only wore that dress.