220-222

Chapter 220: Little Lili

[It really was you guys! I knew it!]

Having received an affirmation, He Xiaochen was instantly excited.

[My parents and I went to HG for dinner and I happened to see you!]

He Xiaochen had been about to go over to say hello, but since it was time for their dinner reservation, her mom had rushed her to leave and said that she was probably mistaken because it could not be such a coincidence.

However, how could He Xiaochen be mistaken about this striking couple?

Thus, He Xiaochen had hurriedly snapped this picture and followed her parents to the restaurant.

When she had come back out, He Xiaochen looked around again, but she did not meet them.

[Ning Li, did you go to the movies with your second brother?]

Ning Li replied with a “yes” and told her what movie they had watched.

He Xiaochen was the one who had suggested that Ning Li should bring her second brother along, so it was not surprising to hear her say so.

‘But…’

[Hahaha! Did your second brother buy you a balloon? What was he thinking?]

The couples around them all had flowers and gifts, which were so lame.

He Xiaochen laid on the bed and clicked on the photo. She had a doting smile on her face.

The photo turned Goddess Ning Li into Little Lili! It was just too adorable!

Her second brother was also so handsome, unattainable, and noble, creating a huge contrast with this balloon. He looked especially cute as he handed over the balloon to Ning Li.

[He only bought it because he saw some children selling it. By the way, the movie’s pretty good!]

He Xiaochen was already interested in this film, so when she heard Ning Li say so, she quickly started talking about the movie.

The two girls talked for a while and discussed their reading comprehension before they hung up.

Towards the end of the school year, the atmosphere in Second High seemed a lot more tense than before.

This was especially true for the senior class.

Students would hold books and study them in the corners of the corridors and staircases. During after-school hours, the playground was also much less crowded than before.

In the classroom, most of the students were burying their heads in their books, constantly doing papers and questions.

In comparison, Ning Li did not seem that much different from before.

She had finished reading one of the books that she had borrowed from Lu Huaiyu and was now reading the second one.

However, this one did not have his handwriting on it.

The small writing, “8.17”, was etched into the depths of Ning Li’s heart.

In the blink of an eye, Saturday quickly arrived.

That morning, Ning Li took the earliest high-speed train to Lincheng.

It was only an hour’s drive between Yunzhou and Lincheng, and the high-speed train got her there in twenty minutes.

After getting out of the train station, Ning Li saw a familiar SUV.

She walked over to it.

Ji Shu poked his head out of the car window and smiled at her.