52-54

Chapter 52: Study Company

Lu Huaiyu appeared relaxed and lazy, but his unique aristocracy remained when he said those words.

Ning Li’s heart raced for a moment.

Liang Heng was familiar with Lu Huaiyu’s temper, so he was not surprised to learn the answer. He then looked at Ning Li through the rearview mirror and smiled brightly.

“I guess so.”

Some people wanted to be in Lu Huaiyu’s debt though he did not deem them worthy; some people did not want to be in his debt and yet they were.

A few days ago, Liang Heng heard that Lu Huaiyu started a fight at the Chengs’ because of a girl. He did not expect to meet the girl so soon.

“Ning Li, you are in the third year at Second High, aren’t you?”

“Yes, I am.”

“How are your studies? Can you manage? Is it tiresome?”

“It’s fine, I guess.”

“Great. You should take your third year casually. If you run into problems in your studies, just ask around for help.”

Ning Li giggled. “Thank you, Uncle Liang.”

The man was not merely a temporary driver for Lu Huaiyu. Not only did he sound kind and generous, but his presence was also comforting. He must be someone important.

Lu Huaiyu shot a glance at Liang Heng.

“Uncle Liang, for your first meeting, you sure are asking Lili a lot. If I didn’t know better, I might have thought that you are trying to do a background check on her.”

Liang Heng laughed out loud. “Ning Li and I are having a comfortable conversation. You are the one acting like a strict parent.”

It sounded wrong to Ning Li for some reason.

Before Lu Huaiyu could say a word though, Liang Heng asked, “Ning Li, have you thought about your choice of university?”

Lu Huaiyu’s lips parted for a moment. His words were stuck in his throat for a moment before he swallowed them back. He had forgotten to ask Ning Li about that.

“Xijing University, I suppose,” she replied.

Liang Heng was first surprised before he smiled. “Xijing University? That’s great! It’s the best tertiary education institution in the country!”

More importantly, Xijing University was located in the capital.

Lu Huaiyu turned to Ning Li. “Why would you want to get into Xijing University?”

There were two top universities in the country. One was located in the capital while the other was located in Haicheng.

If Ning Li chose Xijing University, it would mean that she chose to stay in the capital.

She smiled. “I think that’s a good place to go to.”

In her past life, she had wanted to get into Xijing University too.

However, after being reported for cheating in the Physics competition, she landed in a difficult situation. The fact that she could get into Xijing University without a problem given her results remained, but she missed her English paper at the end.

Dai Li had chosen to spring on her that day, and Meng Jiang had also been there. Even though she escaped, she had missed the exam for good.

She tried to retake the exam, but her files were taken away by a normal school in Yunzhou.