25-27

Chapter 25: I Didn’t Say I Would Let Them Go

Soreness immediately shot up her nose. Li Ning muffled a grunt as she covered her nose and took a step back. A layer of tears had welled up in her eyes.

‘Ouch!’

‘What’s wrong with this guy? Why did he stop all of a sudden! He could have given me a heads up!’

Lu Huaiyu turned around and saw her seductive eyes.

Her crystal clear eyes had a layer of gloss on them and coupled with a hint of pink at the edge, it gave her an alluring look.

He raised a brow at her.

“You should keep an eye out even if you are walking behind me.”

Ning Li glared at him.

The man’s ability to turn facts upside down was unrivaled.

“How would I know you’d stop all of a sudden? It’s not my fault!”

Lu Huaiyu looked at her. Her skin was as fair as porcelain, her features were clearly pronounced and unrivaled, and at the moment, she had a rare angry look on her face.

He chuckled.

“Okay, it’s my fault.”

His tone was as lazy and casual as ever but it had an extra connive to it.

A car honk sounded.

Cheng Xiyue was speechless as he watched the two from his car.

After dealing with Ning Li’s matter, Cheng Xiyue received a call from his secretary and he suddenly had to go back to his office to settle something.

Before he left, he told Lu Huaiyu to wait for him and he would come back after the night self-learning class was over to pick them up.

They were only a few steps away from the car, could they not have got into the car and continued the chat?

Lu Huaiyu walked to Cheng Xiyue’s car.

Ning Li rubbed her nose and followed.

Lu Huaiyu opened the rear door and waited for Ning Li to get in before he got in himself.

“Little Ning Li, I’ve called your driver and told him that I’ll be sending you home today.”

He heard someone was coming for her after school, so he decided to send her home himself for her safety sake.

Ning Li hugged her bag and nodded.

“Thank you.”

Cheng Xiyue was slightly stunned when he looked into the rear mirror.

“Huh? Little Ning Li, why are you crying?”

As far as he knew, the girl had always been a strong and independent lady.

Was it because of the incident on the internet?

Truth be told, it was not surprising for a 17-year-old to feel bad after what happened.

“Little Ning Li… You don’t need to care about those comments. They are just using this chance to justify their actions. Those who truly care about you will know your kindness.”

Ning Li’s heart skipped a beat.

Cheng Xiyue might look like an indecorous person but he actually had a great view of things.

He was right.

If she was carried away by the comments of others and tried to flatter the whole world, she would gradually lose herself and ultimately fall into the pit of suffering.