64-66

Chapter 64: Parent-Teacher Meeting

Duan Xu stroked his buzzcut. He had heard about the Ye family’s situation. The woman was actually Ning Li’s biological mother and shared no blood relation with Ye Ci.

However, if anyone who did not know about the situation saw the scene, they would have assumed that Ye Ci was her real daughter instead of Ning Li.

Duan Xu thought of his father. Even though his father was strict and never held back when beating him, his father never did this to him.

A while later, Su Yuan came out of the infirmary.

“Mrs. Ye, I’m sorry about this. We did not foresee this situation…” Geng Haifan and the school doctor came out together and apologized to Su Yuan.

Su Yuan might have been enraged, but it was not appropriate for her to lash out at the teacher.

“It’s just an accident. Mr. Geng, you don’t need to take the blame. I just have to take the day off for Lil Ci and bring her to the hospital for a detailed check-up.

Although the school doctor said that Ye Ci was fine, Su Yuan remained worried.

Geng Haifan nodded understandably. “Yes, I understand. If there’s any problem, just give me a call, Mrs. Ye.”

Su Yuan told Zhou Hua, the driver, to assist Ye Ci to the car while she walked to Ning Li and the others.

Ding Xi was also there with the group. He was worried about Ye Ci and actually wanted to go into the infirmary, but after knowing that Ye Ci had called her mother, he stayed outside nervously instead.

“Are you Ding Xi?”

Ding Xi lowered his head in guilt. “I’m sorry, ma’am.”

Su Yuan looked rather cold. “I should have escalated this matter to the disciplinary teacher, but Lil Ci said that if you get punished for it, it will affect your future. Considering the circumstances, I have decided to let you go this time.”

Ding Xi finally felt relieved. He looked at Su Yuan but what she said next turned his heart into a deserted island.

“But do remember one thing: from today onwards, you will stay away from Lil Ci. She’s aiming for Xijing University and she can’t afford to be distracted by the likes of you.”

Ding Xi was appalled and embarrassed at the same time. “T-thank you, ma’am. I understand.”

Su Yuan then walked over to Ning Li.

“Ning Li.”

Ning Li looked at her mother with a cold glare.

“You have to learn how to tone down that temper of yours at school. I told you before, Lil Ci is younger than you, and you are her elder sister, so you should take care of her, but is this what you call taking care of your younger sibling?”

Duan Xu was confused when he heard that from the side. Ye Ci was hurt, but what did it have to do with Ning Li?

Ding Xi was the one who kicked the ball and Ye Ci had walked over in the crosshairs by herself. It was just an accident.

Why would she lecture Ning Li about taking care of Ye Ci?

Besides, if Ning Li had not dodged the ball in the first place, she would have been the one lying in the infirmary instead of Ye Ci.

Ning Li barely reacted to her mother’s words. She seemed unsurprised about what Su Yuan said.

“I’m used to being alone, and I don’t know how to take care of people. If you are still worried, why don’t you do it yourself? Since you’ve been doing it for 11 years now, I assume you are already an expert in the field.” Ning Li’s tone sounded flat, but her words had thorns about them, making Su Yuan really uncomfortable.