190-192

Chapter 190: Work Harder

He Xiaochen swore that if Ning Li was on the phone in the future, she would never utter a single word before the call ended.

Ning Li coughed lightly and said comfortingly, “Second Brother said that you’re quite interesting.”

He Xiaochen’s eyes teared up. “I think that clowns are quite interesting as well…”

Ning Li was speechless.

He Xiaochen was devastated.

How could the Goddess Ning Li ever understand the pain of mere mortals?

Ning Li looked towards the field.

“Didn’t you say that Pei Song and the others are playing basketball? Want to go see?”

He Xiaochen had suffered a huge blow and had little interest in this now.

“There’s no point now… I’d better go back and do my homework…”

‘I must uphold my image of being a diligent student! As Ning Li’s deskmate, how can I behave so playfully?’

Ning Li did not have much interest in watching the game either, so when she heard this, she did not insist on it.

“Then, I’ll join you.”

He Xiaochen finally felt some warmth from her tablemate.

“Oh, Ning Li… You’re too nice!”

The two of them walked towards the school building.

Physical education class had not ended yet, but several students from the first class had already returned to the classroom.

Some of the more diligent and hardworking students would spend all their time reading and doing homework, especially since their PE teacher was not very strict. They would go back to the classroom on their own.

When Ning Li entered the classroom, she found that besides the few who usually stayed back in the classroom, Ye Ci was also sitting at her desk.

She had a physics book open on her table and seemed to be studying very hard.

He Xiaochen saw this and could not help but whisper.

“That’s a rare sight! Ye Ci actually came back early from PE class?”

PE class in Second High was held at the same time for the entire grade, so the students from the twelve classes could mingle around. The girls and boys were separated and allowed to enroll in different classes according to their interests.

There were boys and girls basketball, soccer, taekwondo, table tennis, badminton and so on.

Ye Ci was in the girls’ badminton class.

She was pretty and had a good figure, so when she played badminton, she often attracted the attention of many people.

Ye Ci obviously enjoyed the attention.

This was the first time she had left early.

It was no wonder that He Xiaochen was so surprised.

Ning Li’s gaze fell on Ye Ci’s book.

It was the classic collection of questions from the national physics competition.

He Xiaochen also saw it.

“Wow, the fifth in the province is truly a different breed. Only now does she review these questions.”

After the news of Ye Ci’s results had spread, there had been all kinds of skeptical voices going around in school.