Chapter 8

It have already been a few days since the events at the water park, Mike has been cheking on the security cameras on his apartment that he shared with Keith. Those 2 knew each other since they were basically babies, with Keith acting like the older brother who always looks out for Mike.

Keith was out running some errands so Mike had the whole place to himself, he couldn't stop thinking about how much fun he had with his new friend.

Did he really missed much by staying on computers all day? Should he try to go out frequently? Will Wayne even allow him to have a social life?
Those questions plagued him in the last few days.

Moving on with Hitohito, he woke up early and found himself at the abandoned pit, Hitomi was with him, since she had nothing better to do on the break she convinced her brother to take her along, with the approval of both their parents.

Hitomi: so nii-chan why are we here? It's completely empty.

Hitohito: I need to train on my speed first, if I'm not fast enough to save people...... well I don't want to think about that.

Hitomi: and why did you pick this place?

Hitohito: there's no one in this area, I can fly to any direction and not a single car or pedestrian will see me without my suit.

Hitomi: but it's so hot in here.

Hitohito: I can take you back home if you want.

Hitomi: on second thought the sun could be good for my skin.

Hitohito: I need you to time me so I can know how fast I'm going.

Hitohito: okay.

2 hours later

Hitomi: wow nii-chan I did know you could fly that fast.

Hitohito: -catching his breath- it's still not enough, at my full speed it takes me 5 minutes to make it home and another 5 to come back here.

Hitomi: seems pretty fast to me.

Hitohito: I knew you'd say that, but a lot can happen in 5 minutes, I need to improve my speed so I can get there before tragedy strikes.

Hitomi: okay but let's try that another day, it's hot out here I wanna go home.

Hitohito: sorry we stayed longer than I planned, let's go back home.

Hitohito and Hitomi went back home and did nothing for the day. For the Komi household they had planned to make a visit to Masayoshi's family. Shouko was looking forward to see her grandma again.

On the drive the Komi family stopped first to properly greet their ancestors.

Shuuko: did you properly greet our ancestors Shouko?

Shouko: yes mom.

Shuuko: good, let's go visit your grandma.

She nodded.

After a few hours they have arrived at the home of Komi Yuiko.

Yuiko: welcome home.

Shuuko: mother it's been a while!

Shuuko as greeted her mother in law as she would do. Upon entering the house the family they got greeted by Komi Ryouko.

Ryouko: Shuuko how nice to see you again!

Shuuko: Ryouko is nice too see you too.

Ryouko: Shouko my my you've grown.

Shouko nodded at her, after she took out she noticed a presence watching her, it was her cousin Akira.