Chapter 32

Hitohito and Alice were now at the entrance of the gala, after a few extra minutes in traffic they managed to arrive on time.

Hitohito: well I just hope the reception is not as bad.

Alice: oh trust me, it's not.

Hitohito: good.

Alice: it's so much worse.

Hitohito: oh.

Alice: haha come on we'll be late.

At the lobby Alice was waving to a lot of people with high influence, while Hitohito only listen to the conversation.

Guest: so who is this young lad?

Alice: a friend of mine.

Guest: oh he goes to Yuushuushin too?

Alice: no, he's from my uncle's workplace.

Hitohito: I go to Itan.

Guest: oh Itan.... that's nice.

Alice: well I think it is a magnificent school.

Guest: well I gotta go I think I saw the mayor.

Alice: sure, take care.

Hitohito: -sighs-.

Alice: cheer up buddy, only three more hours left.

Hitohito: well this is as close as I will get to the wealthy life. Not that I'm desperate to get it.

Alice: you never wished to have more?

Hitohito: my father said always be grateful for what you have, he told me that what's in front of you may be worth more than a luxury car or a big mansion.

Alice: wise words.

Hitohito: I think so too.

Alice: so how come you decided to work for my uncle?

Hitohito: it's a funny story actually, I was walking down the street when one of the workers got his camera robbed so I stopped it.

Alice: let me guess it was Kuze right? That guy is a bad luck magnet.

Hitohito: haha yeah, well anyway it turns out Yasahiro-san worked for the Tokyo Herald and he put on a good word for me to your uncle.

Alice: interesting you don't strike me as a person interested in journalism.

Hitohito: there are a lot of stories out there that need to be heard, I want to do my best to report the truth.

Alice: sounds like a true reporter, just be sure to stay out of trouble.

Hitohito: you got it, so answer me this why they name you Alice?

Alice: I was born in the US, and my mother loved the book Alice in wonderland.

Hitohito: noted.

Hitohito took out his notepad and wrote a few notes.

Alice: writing an article about me? I never thought you'd be a bold one Tadano.

Hitohito: oh sorry I didn't mean to.

Alice: haha I get it, you're a reporter after all.

Hitohito: yeah a reporter that only writes about the school's football team.

Alice: don't lose hope yet, I'm sure you can write a great article about this event, especially if it's about him.

Alice pointed at the entrance of the event, where the crowd gathered waiting for their special guest.