Chapter 39

In the Tadano living room, the whole family gathered around with their unexpected guest.

Ziara: -sipping tea- wow this beverage tastes amazing what do you call it?

Jeanne: oh it's just regular tea.

Ziara: amazing, I wish we had those back in Brakon.

Jeanne: well help yourself with as much as you want.

Ziara: I appreciate your hospitality, Mrs.....

Jeanne: oh you can call me Jeanne dear.

Ziara: Mrs. Jeanne, thank you.

As Ziara continued to drink tea the Tadano family only stood there quietly for a few minutes, before Satoshi decided to break the ice.

Satoshi: so Ziara what do you think of Earth?

Ziara: it's quite nice..... well aside from the fact that the military of this planet got a hold of my ship.... you guys were really welcoming.

Jeanne: why of course, after all you're Hitohito's cousin.

Ziara: hmm I don't think I can call you by your Earth name Zol-El.

Hitohito: oh don't worry about it, it doesn't bother me.

Hitomi: so do you have pictures of nii-chan when he was a baby?

Hitohito: Hitomi!!

Hitomi: what I'm curious how did you looked like when you were a baby alien?

Ziara: well we don't look so different from the human babies. I'd say we share 80% of human similarities.

Satoshi: wow.

Hitohito: but how did you end up here on Earth?

Ziara: -sighs- it happened after you were born. Brakon was in the brink of destruction, it was just a matter of hours until all life in our home planet would cease to exist. My uncle had just sent you out of the planet, but my father feared that you wouldn't be able to adapt to Earth by yourself.

He sent me on the only spaceship my family had at the moment. I refused to leave them. He told me that I have the responsibility to look after you.

Ziara clenched her fist, trying to relieve those awful memories of her planet being destroyed.

Ziara: I had to watch my planet explode as I was sent away..... but something went wrong.... a meteorite hit my ship, breaking the navigation system and sending me to a worm hole. It only felt like hours, but I was stuck for 15 years. Here I am having tea with my young cousin, who's now a teenager with his Earth family.

Jeanne: oh sweety.

Jeanne got up and wrapped Ziara in a hug.

Ziara: eh?

Jeanne: I'm sorry about the loss of your family. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

Ziara: t-thank you.

Jeanne: but I want you know that you're not alone now. You have us.

Ziara: but is that okay? I mean I just met you all and so far I'm a stranger.

Jeanne: you're not a stranger to us anymore. You are family to us.

Ziara: family?

Hitohito: she's right, when I came to Earth they took me in and raised me as their kid. If it wasn't for my mom and dad..... I don't know where would I be.

Jeanne: and now you are part of our family.

Ziara: really?

Satoshi: of course, you're Hitohito's cousin, so that makes you our niece.