Chapter 51

Shuuko: Rei-chan's mom and I were classmates, they both travel around the world frequently. So they left her in our care for us. Why don't you play with her Shouko?

Shouko: .....

Rei: no, I am fine.

Shouko: -glooming aura-.

The Komi family was having a nice dinner with Rei included, when Shousuke turn on the TV on the news they reported about Naoki.

TV reporter: in very interesting news, NaokiCorp's CEO Naoki Nakamura has announced his campaign to run for Prime Minister, confirming the rumors about Nakamura's political race.

Shuuko: ohh Masa isn't he the one who bought the company you work for?

Masayoshi: -nods-.

Rei got a little curious.

Rei: I know that man... my dad works for him.... he's a scientist at Nakamura's lab.

Shuuko: oh does he? Your mom never mentioned it before.

Rei: my dad doesn't mention a lot about his work.... but he's always busy with who knows what.

Shuuko: well I'm sure your father must be working on something great Rei-chan.

Rei: hmmm... it's fine I'm used to it.

She was uninterested by her father's work since he was barely home and her mother traveled a lot.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Meanwhile at a cafe late at night Keith was waiting on his date, wearing a fancy suit.

He stared at the clock hanged on the wall as the minutes passed by but his date hasn't arrived yet.

Keith: -sighs- guess she's not coming...

???: -opens the door- sorry I'm late, I had a last minute walk in so I had to stay for a while.

Keith: -turns to the person- Maki! I'm glad you made it, to be fair I wasn't sure you'll come.

Maki: I was tempted..... what's with the outfit?

Maki was currently in her casual clothes.

Keith: haha -sweat drops- I might have gone a bit over board.

Maki: you think?... this was just supposed to me a friendly chat, not a date.

Keith: -chuckles- you're right, you're right...

Maki: so what did what did you want to talk about?

Keith: just catching up.

Maki: uh-huh...

Keith: look Maki I know I hurt you, and it wasn't right how we ended things-

Maki: Keith it's fine.... I got over it.

Keith: but it wasn't, you were an amazing woman and breaking up with you like that.... well it was shitty of me.

Maki: on that we agree.

Keith: but I know apologizing won't be enough.... I want to make things right for once... I don't want to be this type of person anymore..

Maki: ....

Keith: this is why I called you... to tell you that I'm truly sorry... and if you let me-

Maki: I'm gonna stop you right there Keith.... I know where you're going with this and I appreciate it.... but right now I don't know if I should trust you... and I don't know if you're responsible enough for-

Maki covered her mouth before talking any further.

Keith: for what?

Maki: ..... I have to go.