Chapter 49

It was the next day, Hitohito and company were already at the beach ready to enjoy their day.

Rumiko: alright the beach!

Hitohito: wow it's been a while since I've been here. Though I don't why Najimi is missing if it was their idea to come here.

As the rest of the group was running towards the sea, Hitohito began to set up the umbrellas.

Hitohito: -checking his phone- Ziara said she would meet me at the beach but I can't help but be worried.

-Flashback to this morning.-

Hitohito: okay I have everything ready for today, how about you Ziara?

Ziara: actually Zol-El, I have something else to do before I head out.

Hitohito: oh what is it?

Ziara: I want to interrogate the two mercenaries that were sent to hunt you down.

Hitohito: Tremor and Hyperion?

Ziara: -nods- I saw their emblem in the past. They belong to a group of mercenaries who I thought went extinct.

Hitohito: you want me to come with you?

Ziara: no need, I can handle them, besides your friend will be waiting for you.

Hitohito: you're right, but still I have to get to the bottom of this.

Ziara placed both of her hands on Hitohito's shoulders.

Ziara: Zol-El I understand that you want answers from them, but this trip to the beach will help you, just for once just be Hitohito instead of Guardian.

Hitohito: ...... okay you win, but please tell me everything they tell you.

Ziara: you have my word cousin.

Hitohito: thank you.

-back to the present-

Hitohito: I just hope she doesn't take too long.

Mike: who is taking too long?

Hitohito: ah Mike you surprised me.

Mike: hehe my bad, so are you waiting on someone else?

Hitohito:yeah, my cousin actually.

Mike: oh that's neat...... wait your cousin so she's a-

Hitohito: yes, but please don't say anything, we're giving her shelter until she can get her ship back.

Mike: oh I see.... wait the ship in Tsushima?!

Hitohito: shhhh Mike, please don't say anything.

Mike: sorry, but you mean you're not the only Brakonian.

Hitohito: apparently it's only me and her, but Mike I beg you, not a word to Wayne.

Mike: man if there's another one of you then Wayne has to know, it's his job to know.

Hitohito: please man, I know I'm asking a lot but can you do me a solid?

Mike: ..... alright I can turn a blind eye this time.

Hitohito: thank you man.

Mike: but in exchange I want you to take me to Switzerland.

Hitohito: Switzerland? Why? Is it because of the chocolates? There's no need to take-

Mike: none of that Hitohito, it's more of a personal thing.....

Hitohito: oh... I understand, I won't pry any further.