chapter 19

Tadano residence 5:00 am

Hitohito was woken up by the doorbell, he got up to check who it was. When he opened the door he was surprised by his childhood friend Najimi.

Najimi: Tadano-kun put your sweater on it's snowing!

Hitohito: Najimi it's 5 in the morning plus I'm not in the mood-

Najimi: Tadano you need to make it up to Komi for missing her party.

Hitohito: !

That's right Hitohito missed Shouko's birthday party, and hasn't seen her ever since, he feels really crappy about that so this could be a chance to make it up to her.

Hitohito: alright, but did you have to wake me up so early in the morning?

Najimi: absolutely now go get dressed and meet me downstairs!

Hitohito: ugh fine.

After an hour later Hitohito and Najimi headed to Shouko's home where she was still sleeping.

The duo stood in fron of the house waiting for her to notice the streets covered in snow.

Hitohito: I think she's still sleeping, I told you it was too early.

Najimi: just give it a few more minutes, she'll wake up for sure.

Hitohito: -yawning- did it had to be so early in the morning?

Najimi: of course is not every day that snows in our city, so I want to make the best of it.

Hitohito: okay okay but please keep it down there's people sleeping.

Najimi: oh looks like she's awake.

Hitohito and Najimi looked at Shouko opening the curtains of her window, she looked down on the street to see both of her friends signaling her to come down.

Hitohito could hear all the rustle coming frome her room and a few seconds later she got out of the front door. Once the three of them were out in the snow Najimi began to build a snowman.

An hour or two have passed, Shuuko gave the kids a mug with soup and began to talk soon after finishing the snowman. This was now the chance for Hitohito to apologize.

Hitohito: K-Komi-san.

Shouko: ?

Hitohito: listen... I.... umm.... I want to say I'm sorry.

Shouko tilted her head not knowing whay he was talking about.

Hitohito: about your party, sorry I missed it I wanted to be there.

She remembered now, Hitohito didn't come for her birthday party, Mike told her it was due to a family emergency. She took out a notebook that she had with her and began writing.

Shouko: [you don't have to apologize, Mike told me that you had an emergency and it was important.]

Hitohito: y-yeah but I still felt guilty I wasn't there, I want to make it up to you.

Shouko: [it's okay I understand, though I do wish you were here with us, you had matters more important to attend.]

Hitohito: thank you Komi-san, I won't let you down again.

Shouko: -nods- thank you.

Shortly after their break Najimi came up with the idea of having a snowball fight. Shouko's friends joined as well as some elementary school kids.