° CHAPTER 1

kram's Ðepressıøn
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Apdhi yenna solla porae? You sound excited

Vikram curiously asked as if he didn't know the reason behind. He clearly knew that she must have been blushing on the other end.

Adhan nerlaye varenla? Appo neeye therinjiko. Adhukulla yenna avasaram?

Akshara asked teasingly to which Vikram sighed dramatically slumping his shoulders,

Nee inga vara innum 4 hours agirume?

Akshara let out a chuckle,

Four hours kuda wait panna mu-

A series of screeching sounds of the car brake and tyres skidding on the wet pavement shattered till they reached his eardrums causing him to jerk his phone away from his ears in horror.

His hands were trembling by even thinking about the possibility of where the sounds were coming.

He was sweating profusely as he stuck his phone back to his ear,

Akshara?

His words were unsteady and the last thing he unclearly heard from her voice was a painful whisper of his own name,

V.. Vikram..

Vikram's eyes snapped open as he jerked awake. He was covered in cold sweat, shaking and his heart pounding with a tons of adrenaline rush.

He harshly pushes down his comforter before sitting side with his legs touching the cold ground. He held his head in his hands, gathering himself some time to gain back his consciousness.

To make himself realise that everything he'd just dreamt had in fact happened in the past. He was supposed to get over it, not live with it.

But the solitary and desolation that was engulfed around him was not helping. His soul were as empty as his life.

Vikram exhaled a heavy breath, this wasn't working. Never will.

Vikram moved to the bedside table and opened the bottom drawer. In there was a small transparent box.

Vikram opened it and took out the blister pack that laid as first. He popped a pill into his palm before gulping it in one go and chugged down a glass of water that was already on the table.

Vikram pulled the comforter back to cover himself and laid on his back. Staring at the ceiling, waiting for the hours to pass by and let the medicines to dissolve so that he could get his smidgen sleep.

Depression, it has succumbed him so much that he can't recall the last time when he could at least sleep without it.

Ever since his loss, Vikram started to see the darkness around lights instead of the other way around, and soon there were no more colours in his world.

They say that there is always a rope ladder out of depression, one you can use to climb out of it. But the problem was that he could not even find the will to reach out for the first rung, let alone try.

As usual Vikram made his way to his cabin, he had a lots of work.
His work, his camera, his lens and the magnetic force in his eyes that always capture things that can't be seen by any normal orbs.

His pictures do not just display the the state of affairs with emotions but they also tell us stories that would make us want to cherish the existence of almost everything that falls under his lenses.

Vikram had some editing to do as he was busy on his laptop, suddenly he heard a knock on his door and looked up.

Macha, kuptiya?

Vikram gave Rohit a nod waving him to come inside. Rohit noticed the dark circles under Vikram's eyes. He sighed before asking,

Innikum thoongalaya?

Vikram ignored the question as he was going through some papers of a new campaign proposal which their academy has received.

Rohit groaned rolling his eyes before snatching the papers out of Vikram's hand,

Ungkitta dhan da kekkuren? At least rest'avadhu panriya?

Illa

Was all the response he received.

Pesama nee oru konja naaliki leave yeduthuko da Mapla. Unaka-

Vendam

This was too much, Vikram was definitely frustrating him,

Innum yevlo naaliki dhan da ipdhi camera, photo'nae vaazha porae?!

Vikram shut his eyes momentarily and inhaled sharply before saying,

Indha camera, photos illana ivlo naal vazhndhurukave matten

Adhuku? Apdiye idhukulla stuck agi vaazha poriya? Macha idha thaandhi yevlo periya life irukunu unaku puriyudha?

Vikram chuckled painfully,

Purinja varaikum podhum. Ingae yaarum yedhuvum namaku sondham illa. Oru nimisham varraedhu aduthu nimisham poiyurom. Avlothan life

Apdhilam onnu ill-

Vikram showed his hand stopping Rohit from talking,

Enna porutha varaikum en life avlothan. Idhu maranumnu enaku oru aasai'yum illa. Inime idha pathi en kitta pesadha.

Rohit sighed heavily as Vikram diverted the conversation towards work.

Rohit could see that his friend was going harsh on himself. It was too obvious but he couldn't find a way to talk the matter out.

Vikram always had such bitter responses and truthfully Rohit was afraid if they were only going to make Vikram's mental health more worse.

Yet Rohit had to find some way, it hurt him to be lying to his parents for every single day saying that Vikram is fine whenever they ask him when truth is a different story altogether.

That's when Rohit remembered an email he had received that morning. That would be an amazing idea to get Vikram out to take a break from his life.

Macha nee pathute iru, enaku vera vezha iruku naan aprom vaaren!

Saying that he sped to his cabin leaving behind a baffled Vikram staring at Rohit.

He was confused at Rohit's sudden responsibility but shrugged it off going back to his editing works.

Not knowing that Rohit is busy trying to unlock an entirely new chapter in Vikram's life.

>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

The first few chapters are short, yes. Pardon me, soon they'll be long enough. For now I hope this one was good ❤️