° CHAPTER 23

Defend
▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Santhosh has never known how a harsh slap would feel. His head spun till he couldn't see clear, his stumbled with his wobbly legs and realized that his round big glasses were broken and shattered on the ground. Santhosh held his cheek that stung like anything as he shook his head to get rid of the dizziness. 

Leisurely when his blurry view got better, the first thing that came clear to his eyes is a fuming Vikram, rolling his sleeves up making Santhosh gulp. 

Modha sonni'yae adha konjam thiruppi sollu?

Santhosh cleared his throat composing himself,

Ye-yedha?

Vikram "gently" placed a hand on his shoulders and sweetly asked,

Tara'va patha odhane yenna pananum?

Convince p-

Santhosh winced loudly as Vikram pressured his grip on his shoulder with a haughty grin on his face.

Nalla yosichi sollu, yenna pananum?

Vikram shook the guy as he was a puppet. Santhosh blinked cluelessly, not knowing what did Vikram expect him to answer

Vikram!

Vikram briskly rotates his head to find Tara scuttling to him.

Tara sighed in relief upon finally having found him. Once she was next to him she panted with her hands on her knee taking her own time to calm herself until Tara unexpectedly laid her eyes on Santhosh standing in front of Vikram.

Her eyes widened in shock,

Aiyayo, ivan ungala pathuthan'na?

Vikram crossed his hands over his chest, with a sarcastic smile he says,

Avana'ye kelu

Tara slowly turned towards Santhosh. Santhosh looked behind her at Vikram. Holding his gaze, Vikram rubbed his palms together challenging Santhosh.

Now he understood the answer to Vikram's question, Santhosh swiftly turned to Tara,

Akka! Enna mannichirunga'ka! 

Santhosh drops himself on the ground falling on Tara's legs. Tara jolted behind Vikram, unable to understand what was even happening.

Macha!!!!

Rohit fiercely runs to the rescue of his innocent friend, Shakthi follows behind with a log that's bigger than him just in case.

Tara!

Harish and Pragi too came running, afraid to leave their friend alone with this bunch of people.

They all freeze upon seeing what they were seeing.

Ivan yenna ipdhi kupura paduthu thoongitu irukan?

Harish asks, Santhosh raises his head,

Thoongitu irukenna? Manipu ketutu irukken bro!

Manipa?

Shakthi says in disgust, annoyed that all the action stunts he could have done with that log has gone wasted.

Na kelvi pattae varaikum nee avlo nallavan illaye?

Pragi wonders.

Santhosh glares at her earning a scowl from Harish before he again lowers his head,