°CHAPTER 46

Lie
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Nee yenga irukae? Yenna panra? Idhellam yaaro sollidhan engaluku theriyanuma Tara?

Meenakshi questions Tara standing with her hands clasped behind her and leaning against the wall, guiltily looking down unable to look straight at her parents.

Nee varuvae, varuvae'nu wait panni 6 masam aga pogudhu. Nee at least, engala nenachavadhu pathiya?

Tara had thought of countless of questions to ask her parents, but now even though they were right in front of her, she was tongue-tied.

She was unable to digest that even now, they were still dissatisfied with her and mad that she made their 'responsibility' a hard job.

Idhuku mela engalala unna vittu veika mudhiyadhu Tara, idhu varaikum nanga yellarukum badhil sonnadhu podhum.

Tara looks up perplexed,

Olunga ippove kelambi va

Tara's eyes widened in shock before she collected herself quickly,

Mudhiyadhu

Mudhiyadhu na?

Vilayadhadae ma! Enakunu oru vela iruku, responsibility iruku, na unnga kooda irundha madhiri Ippo illa, ennala nee solradhukaga'lam apdhi takkunu vitutu vara mudhiyadhu!

Meenakshi is taken aback by Tara's fiery words,

Adhae responsibility dhan engalukum iruku, unna nalla padhi'ya kalyanam panni kuduthu settle akanum. Adhuku aprom nee yenna vena paniko!

Responsibility?

Tara snickers painfully gazing at Meenakshi. She takes a shaky breath and looks away,

Yaar ketta lum naana dhan vandhen'nu sollringa, na dhan unga ponnu illaye, ungala yaarum onnum solla mattanga

Saying that Tara walks away from the living into the kitchen, she rests her hand on the counter and fists them trying to refrain her tears.

She is on the edge of breaking down and running back to Meenakshi and just cry.

Cry for everything that happened to her, the abuse, the cruelty, the struggle.

Cry for all the things that has changed into fear,

Fear of loving, expressing, or even wearing what she wants.

The Tara Meenakshi saw last time is not the one she was seeing now. Everything hurts this Tara, everything scares this Tara, above that everything seems hard to this Tara.

She is nowhere near to the bold girl that jumped across a compound to escape marriage, this one was scared to even close her eyes in a public transport.

Venkatesh throws a glare at Meenakshi to which she huffs at him. He slowly walks into the kitchen and finds Tara facing the opposite side.

He sighs wearily, taking a deep breath Venkatesh goes to place a hand on Tara's shoulder.

He hadn't known that coming unannounced would startle her that much. The second Venkatesh's finger touched Tara's shoulder, she flinched as if a knife was pierced to her skin and jerked around stepping away from him.