° CHAPTER 34

Darkness
>>>>---- ✨ ----<<<<

Darkness, Tara has never been afraid of it before, Never.

Until now

Tara gently opens her heavy eyes and the darkness engulfed around her brings back the suffocation. She starts recollecting how she couldn't even breathe or scream and the only thing she remembered was the same darkness before she passed out.

Tara stirs and her painful arms search for something beside her, someone for help while she struggles to breathe.

Vikram didn't even realize that he had fallen asleep on the couch until he heard Tara whimpering and mumbling something. He quickly got up and rushes to her,

Shhhh, Tara

Tara holds his hands that cupped her face, closing her eyes tight. Vikram switched on the table lamp beside.

He sees the sweat all over her face and helps her sit as Tara finally relaxes upon seeing light and Vikram realizes it.

His heart ached to see her scared and trembling. He remembered how Tara used to playfully ridicule Akshara for being afraid of the darkness.

Vikram wipes her sweat drops with his thumb and pushes Tara's hair from her face as she keeps her head down.

Tara?

Tara stays numb, still unable to come to terms with what just happened to her as she stares at the marks on her wrists.

Vikram tenderly cups her face, afraid he could hurt her,

Enna paaru ma

Tara inhales sharply holding back the tears.

Please Tara

Vikram's voice breaks when he pleads her and she finally looks up.

She has bruises and bite marks all over her neck, shoulder and hand, there is a handprint on her cheek from a slap, some other man had tried to force himself on her and Tara was definitely not feeling the best about herself right now.

But the love she saw from the eyes of the man in front of her crumbles down everything. Tara gathers what strength she had and throws herself on Vikram for him to catch her as she breaks into tears.

Tears that have been clogged for days,weeks, months and even years. Tara cries for everything, for every inner and outer wounds she had gotten.

Vikram holds her safe in his arms, very carefully to not hurt her aching body.

He says nothing while cradling her, he let's her cry and vent out as much as she wants, knowing that's the only way Tara would feel better.

I-I tried

Tara says drawing Vikram's gaze down to her,

I tried to sa-save myself, ana mudhiyala

Tara attempts to make her words clear in between her sobs but she fails. However Vikram hears her and his heart breaks. Tears roll down his eyes,