° CHAPTER 52

More Complicated
>>>>---- ✨ ----<<<<

Vikram kept glancing at Tara as he drove, she slumped into the seat hugging herself as she gazed out at the busy city.

Inniki day yepdi pochu?

Vikram casually asked to distract Tara,

Nalla pochu

Tara answered in a timid voice that made Vikram chuckle aloud. She pouted at him that Vikram couldn't help but ruffle her hair as she huffed turning away.

Once they reached home, Tara straightly went to her room. You heard it right, Tara has her own room, bed and her own space at Vikram's house.

The four walls that once held heartbreaks had been transformed by Tara, bringing an aura of brightness and joy into the house. From the mundane interior, she had infused life and warmth, creating a place where Vikram found solace and eagerly looked forward to returning. Almost every day, Tara spent her time in their shared home, making it a sanctuary for their love and happiness, except on those occasional nights when Vikram had to work late.

From now on, it was Tara and Vikram's house-a symbol of their togetherness and the bond they had built. As Vikram spoke to Rohit over the phone, expressing his gratitude for helping him clear everything at the beach, he absentmindedly unhooked his watch strap and took out his car key. Unaware of what had slipped from his pocket, he walked towards his room, immersed in his conversation.

Vikram takes a quick hot shower, clearing everything off his mind. When he comes out of his room, Vikram frowns noticing that Tara still hasn't come out yet.

Overtook by worry, Vikram calls her

Tara! Tara!

No response.

After filling his water bottle, Vikram approaches Tara's room, intending to knock on the door. However, to his surprise, he realizes that the door is not locked. He calls out her name once more, but there is no response. With a gentle push, he opens the door slightly and peeks inside.

A warm smile forms on Vikram's face as he enters the room silently, careful not to disturb Tara's sleep. He switches off the main light and turns on the starry night light projector on her bedside table, casting a soft, soothing glow in the room. Walking towards the curtains, he draws them close, leaving a small gap to allow a hint of light to filter through, ensuring the room is not too dark if she wakes up during the night. Vikram knows that Tara sometimes awakens in the middle of the night to sketch a sudden design that pops into her mind.

Approaching the bed, Vikram gently removes the towel from Tara's head, mindful not to disturb her. She remains deeply asleep, unaffected by his actions. With great tenderness, he carefully combs through her hair, allowing it to dry as he spreads it gently across the pillow. Vikram then reaches for a blanket and tenderly tucks her in, ensuring she is snug and comfortable.

Taking a seat on the floor beside the bed, Vikram's fingers gently trace the contours of Tara's cheek. However, their first contact causes her to stir, moving her face away from his touch. A bittersweet smile graces Vikram's face as he watches Tara shift and turn, finally settling on her stomach. Even in her sleep, she displays a cautious nature-a strength coupled with fragility.In that moment, Vikram realizes that he had overlooked the depth of her vulnerability.

He had thought that the change in her dressing and behavior meant that she was fine, but little did he know that she was still so broken on the inside. The external transformation had masked the lingering pain and vulnerability that resided within her. Vikram's heart ached as he witnessed the depth of Tara's hidden struggles, realizing that there was still much healing and understanding needed in their journey together.