° CHAPTER 76

Demon from the past
>>>>–––– ✨️ ––––<<<<

warning, a little intense violence. I tried not to go too deep because I myself can't handle violence but still I hope none of you get uncomfortable, and if so I'm sorry

>>>>–––– ✨️ ––––<<<<

Tara found herself lost in her work, the hours slipping away unnoticed. When she finally looked up, she discovered that the office was nearly deserted, with only a handful of employees lingering. A sense of urgency gripped her as she hastily gathered her belongings, rushing to the parking lot. Tossing her things into the backseat, she settled into the driver's seat when something caught her eye.

Across the road, a mysterious silhouette seemed to be advancing toward her. Tara furrowed her brow, squinting to get a clearer view. As the figure came into focus, the glow of a car's headlights revealed a familiar face—Sam.

Her heart skipped a beat, and a sudden chill raced down her spine as she locked eyes with him. The blare of a horn snapped her out of the trance, and she hurriedly hopped into her car. Tara sped away, attempting to put distance between her and the unsettling encounter. Glancing back after passing through the office gates, she noticed Sam on his bike, trailing her.

>>>>–––– ✨️ ––––<<<<

Vikram, amidst the preparations for dinner, called Tara. His mobile was wedged between his shoulder and ear as they were setting for dinner,

Hello, Tara? Yenna in-

Vikram

A lump formed in Vikram's throat as he listened to Tara's panicked voice over the phone, triggering memories of past pain. Glancing behind, he noticed the parents engrossed in conversation. Not wanting to disturb them, he hurriedly retreated into a nearby room,

Tara yennachu?

Sam

Sam?

V

ikram's eyes widened, and he instantly inquired,

Ippo nee yenga irukae?

Drive panren, avan yenna follow panran. Veetuku vandha namba veedhu yenga irukunu avanuku therinjirum, Vikram

Her words came breaking, and Vikram could sense the fear in her voice. 

If there was one thing that could evoke fear in Tara, it would be Sam. She had faced him, she had slapped him, she had tried to move past him, but there was still a deep part of her that could remember how helpless, breathless, and pained she felt, every inch of it, that night under his hand.

Vikram raked his fingers through his hair as he, with much struggle, calmly explained,

Tara, apdhilam onnu illa, nee inga va. Illa'na nee yendha route'la irukae'nu sollu. Na odhane varen, onnum agadhu, na iruken. Nee-

Vikram maintained a steady stream of conversation to keep Tara calm and focused on the routes she was taking. He hastily grabbed his belongings, rushing outside with his phone pressed to his ear. Observing Vikram's urgency, Rohit frowned and followed him outside.

Yenna da?

Sam, Tara'va follow panran, na odhane poganum

Vikram interjected, climbing down the stairs hastily, with no time to wait for the elevator. Rohit, realizing the urgency, promptly made a call to Saranya, instructing her to keep the situation under wraps from Tara's parents as they rushed out.