° CHAPTER 63

Returning home

>>>>–––– ✨️ ––––<<<<

Vanga uncle, vanga aunty

Pragi warmly invited Meenakshi and Venkatesh as they stepped into the house, with Tara following them, carrying her bags. Tara's leave had come to an end, and she had to return to work, so Venkatesh and Meenakshi were here to drop her off. She promised to visit them every week.

Meenakshi inquired, looking around the house,

Vadhaga enna velai?

Tara replied,

Nalla vela dhan ma.

Meenakshi turned to Tara with a poker face. No matter what reason Tara might give, Meenakshi always seemed to find something to oppose. Venkatesh couldn't help but chuckle, aware of his wife's tendencies, as they all entered the house.

While Pragi served them drinks, Meenakshi took the opportunity to visit Tara's room. She appeared casual, but in reality, she was conducting her thorough "mom" scan. She checked if the room was clean, if the bathroom was fragrant, if there were hairs in the comb, and if the clothes were neatly folded or carelessly stuffed into the cupboard.

It was during this inspection that Meenakshi noticed that Tara didn't have many clothes in her cupboard.

Meenakshi inquired,

Ivlothan un thooniya?

Tara was taking her belongings from the luggage and looked back at Meenakshi, shaking her head,

Inga iruku ma.

Meenakshi pointed at the clothes in the suitcase, still noticing the limited quantity.

Appayum kammiya dhan iruku?

She walked to the bed and sat down, facing Tara.

Unaku salary'lam nalla dhane varudhu?

Tara asked,

Ama yen?

Meenakshi continued,

Appo nalla dress'lam vangi vechika vendhiya dhane? Ipdhi pichikari madhiri irukae? Paaru room'la yedhuvume illa.

Tara chuckled awkwardly. How will there be anything here when 3/4 of her stuff is at Vikram's place.

Tara nodded in agreement with Meenakshi. She was just starting to feel relieved that the topic was fading when Pragi walked in with a tricky question.

Pragi asked,

Tara, andha black top na rendhu naal'ah thedren, inga iruka illa anga iruka?

Tara asked,

Yengae?

Pragi replied casually,

Vikram veetlae.

Tara couldn't believe it, and, in her embarrassment, she slammed her forehead with her hand. She glared at Pragi, who bit her tongue in apologetic realization. Meenakshi was now even more perplexed, silently praying that this conversation wasn't going where she feared.