° CHAPTER 5

Escapade
️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Tara felt like her jaw might break after pretending to smile for a very long time. An ideal bride role wasn't really a hard one to play, you just nod your head to everything they say and follow their instructions on every ritual. Trust me, the old aunties would be regretting for not marrying you off to their sons.

She was finally able to breath in peace once her room was emptied by after they left the bride to call it a day. Tara was asked to change and sleep early as her wedding was the next morning. Unless she plans to attend it.

Tara changed into something comfy, comfy enough to jump a wall

Tara changed into something comfy, comfy enough to jump a wall. Right on cue, she received a call. She was about to attend but heard muffled noices outside her room. She realised that there were people right outside her room and they could be eavesdropping. She stuck her phone to her ear and whispered,

Sollu Harish

Na vandhuten unga veetuku pinnadhi dhan wait panren

Tara frowned when he too whispered,

Na ragasiyama pesuren seri, nee yen ragasiyama pesurae?

Harish mentally facepalmed himself apologetically before he yelled,

NA VANDHUTEN! UN VEETU PINNADHI DHAN NIKKIREN!

Tara yelped the phone away from her ear,

Yen da kathurae?! Neeye kathi mativituruvae polae!

Ippo yenna dhan pananum unaku?

Nee onnum panna vendam

Tara pulled out her luggage bag which she had hid safely,

Yaar kanulayum padhama nillu, na varen

Fine

Tara shoved her phone into her pocket, doing a final check on her luggages she grabbed her handbag.

Thank goodness to her forethought, Tara's saving money was more than enough for three months, if she stayed. Her travel necessity documents were all with Harish. She had registered as a contestant two weeks ago and Voilà, she was sent an email about the details to attend the contest on the very next day.

Tara opened balcony door and stepped out, she looked below and found the backyard empty. Tara sighed in relief before pulling her hoodie over her head. She went back into her room to grab her luggage until suddenly she stopped. Her gaze drifted towards the photo frame that laid still on her tall dresser.

Exhaling generously, Tara walked towards it. She realised that it's been ages since she had actually looked close at the picture. Tara took it in her hand and caressed, revealing a young woman, in her early twenties. She was hugging a teenage Tara from behind as the girls were both grinning widely and innocently at the camera following their father's instructions.