°CHAPTER 39

Adapting
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Storms do bring beautiful rainbows.

One such came as a dream job to Tara.

Serene fashion House used to be one of the top fashion stores in the city until more competitors started to arrive. They needed more trendy and catchy designs to bring back the business and Tara was determined of it.

Tara made sure to educate herself as much as she could. Above everything, the friendly working environment Malar has assured for her, gave Tara the freedom to ask and learn as much as she wants.

She found herself busy with work for almost the next one month as she and her fellow designers had to work with a new fashion line they've planned.

May or may not because of her busyness, Tara has started growing distant with everyone. She only talks with necessary situations and words and spends most of her time on sketches and stitches. Especially Vikram.

She tries badly to not solely rely on her hopes that once she had, that Vikram would eventually fall in love with her. Now she just felt too broken and scared inside to believe that it was affection he couldn't refrain anymore and not the sympathy she hated.

She hated it to the core, when Pragi wants to help Tara with even the simplest of tasks, when Harish keeps checking on her more often than he used to. When they're always worried about her. She knows that they care for her, they don't mean anything the way she thinks but she just can't help seeing everyone like that.

The sympathetic stares she got for those last days they were at GOA from wherever she went still haunts her till this day.

So much that whenever someone is looking at her for too long, Tara thinks they are judging her, questioning the fading scars she's hiding. When someone's trying to help her, she thinks that they are assuming she can't do it, she's weak and miserable.

Not wanting to sink into a world where she is scared she'll end up hating, Tara distracts herself with her work.

On the other hand,

Kumaru..... Yaar ivaru?

The scene from the movie that was playing on someone's mobile somewhere fit so well to the situation. Vikram glances out at the boys whom were sprawled over the couch watching movies instead of working on their assignments. They almost instantly sensed his gaze that they disappeared within a second.

As he retreats his gaze, Vikram catches Rohit and Shakthi gaping at him. Vikram raises his eyebrows,

Yenna?

Rohit doesn't say anything, he closely scans Vikram with his eyes. He abruptly pulls Shakthi by his collar and says,

Kumaru.... Yaaru ivaru?

Vikram quizzically cocks his head, Rohit and Shakthi lean towards the desk to Vikram,

Yaarra nee?

Eh chi! Theliva sollu!

Vikram chides Rohit while scrunching his face.

Yenna bro ipdhi mariteenga?

Shakthi asks with disbelief written all over his face, Vikram rolls his eyes slumping back to his chair.

Shave panrae? Colourful'ah dress panrae? Daily andha ponnu'ku good morning, good night'nu text panrae? Ipp-