▫️ CHAPTER 60

Scared
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<
Comments konjam nalla vandha, updates sikkiram vara vaipu iruku 👀
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Tara's breath hitched as she blinked at her father who turned away from her and silently gazed at the night sky, waiting for Tara to make her choices.

She felt stuck, suffocated to make any decisions. How could she?

How could she reveal a truth from which she knows the circumstances are all unfavourable?

But Venkatesh had no choice, he felt the need to know and Tara was giving it away so easily, he had to push it. He could see her hurting.

He was not ready to lose another daughter.

Na aniki veetlerndhu.. Oru competition'ku d-dhan ponnen. Anga dhan Vikram ah pathen.

Tara started revealing out of her own will causing Venkatesh to turn his head and listen to her. She had her head hung down as she stuttered to bring out every word,

Goa'la c-competition, finals varaikum p-ponen ana competition c-cancel achu...

Yen?

Tara's eyelids batted, her heart thumped hard against her chest as she hugged herself, the air getting chiller all of a sudden as she revealed,

Enna oru c-contestant, r-rape panna paathan

Venkatesh's eyes widened, he unbelievably stared at his daughter, whom for the first time he was seeing her cry.

N-neraya adi pa

Tara's words choked, she sniffed and wiped her eyes with her shaky hands,

Oru masathuku mela achu, kaiyam lam maraiya. Adhan veetuku v-varla

She said it, Tara couldn't believe that she did. She couldn't believe that she'd just uttered the very thing she was hell bent scared about her parents finding out. And one of them knows it now.

Not much people know about the girl whose abuse caused the infamous competition to be stopped and every organizer in sued. Because Vikram and Malar made sure nothing except her name to be revealed.

Venkatesh, Meenakshi and no one here are fond of fashion and such news hence no one was keeping tabs ; no one knew Tara's name was on the newspaper or the TV.

As it slowly sinked to her, Tara couldn't stand Venkatesh's silence anymore. Without even looking up at his face, Tara ran to her room.

She slammed the door and her hands fumbled on the bed until she retrieved her mobile. Tara hastily called Vikram.

Hello, Vikram?

As soon as Vikram heard her shivery voice, all his sleep vanished.

>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Vikram frowned when he found Tara already looking out from her room window. Her eyes showed relief only when he stepped out of his car.