° CHAPTER 2

Tara's Løss
>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

Avan nasama pogae! Azhinji pogae!

Pragi choked on her milkshake and looked up at her friend who had now caused the entire café to give them weird looks.

Yaradhi ipdhi thitturae?

Tara scoffed under her breath propping her chin on her palm,

Vera yaaru andha mapla dhan!

Pragi rolled her eyes,

Na yevlo sonnen theriyuma? En passion, dream, ippo kalyanam vendham neengalae no sollirunga'nu? Inga thalaiya thalaiya attitu anga poi pottukudututhan!

Pragi clicked her tounge in pity earning a glare from Tara. She bit her tounge apologetically before asking,

Ippo yenna? Ponnu dhane pathutu poirukanga? Vera onnum nadakalaye?

Tara gasped dramatically, gaining unwanted attentions again,

Vera onnum nadakalaya? Ponnu pathutu ponnadhoda seri, yepdi escape aguradhunu yosika kudha time tharala! Straight'ah one week'la engagement, two weeks'la kalyanam'nu poikite irukanga!

She finished in one breath as she grabbed her own milkshake just to chug it in one go. Pragi curiously asked,

Appo panika vendhiya dhane?

That earned her a deadly glare from Tara before she sighed heavily,

Yedho konjam nalla mapla'ya kaatna kudha paravala. Avan ippove school paiyan madhiri enga appa amma kitta complain panran.

Pragi nodded understandingly

Avana nambi yepdhi di na kalyanathukku aprom achieve panna nenaika mudiyum?

Tara stared at the world outside with the sad pout.

How freely the birds were flying on the sky? She wanted it, that freedom, those wings, that confident that could take her to anywhere she wants.

But unfortunately, despite being an adult by age, Tara had to beg her parents that they let her hang out with her friend at the usual café which is only around the corner.

She painfully chuckled at her own life, sure she was lucky to have parents who had provided her and her sister with every necessity they needed to live a dignify life in the society.

But to build her own life? That could wait.

Abruptly a crazy idea popped into her head,

Pesama odhi poirava?

Meenakshi jerked her head around towards the door once she heard her daughter coming in. She looked up at the wall clock and asked,

Aru mani'ku vandhuruven'nu sonnae? Six fifteen achu

Tara rolled her eyes before walking past her mother and tossed her handbag on the couch.

Meenakshi spun around to her husband, Venkatesh with a stern face which promised him that it won't take two minutes for her to topple that bag on Tara's head for her audacity.

He cleared his throat,

Andha Engagement and wedding'ku yedutha Sarees'lam try panniya ma?

Tara stopped drinking the water and glanced sideways at him,

Yenna Saree?

Un kalyana saree dhan

Nadakadha kalyanathukku Saree selection?

Tara snickered making the elder's eyes go wide,

Yen? Yen? Yen nadakadhu?

Meenakshi asked aggrieved but Tara was casually closing the bottle lid,

Na odi poiruven

Meenakshi gasped in horror before turning to her husband who was equally shocked,

Yenna pechu pesura paathingala?! Iva akka kudha namba kitta ipdhilam pesunadhu illa!

Tara slammed shut the refrigerator door and faced her mother,

Yenna avangala kettu, avangaluku pudicha mapla'ya avangaluku pudicha age'la katti vechinga. Enaku?! Inime enna vechi ottha mudhiyadhu'ndhra nala dhane kalyanam panni vekkiringa? Appo na ipdhidhan pesuven!

Saying that she strove past her mother to the stairs, not wanting to drag this conversation more which would only end up getting worse.

Un akka pecha kettu avala late'ah kalyanam panni vecha'naledhan ava valradha engalala pakka mudhiyalae

Tara stopped to her father's broken voice, she inhaled sharply before turning to look down at him,

Appa, adhu oru accident. Apdhi nadakanumnu irundhuchu'na adhan nadhakum

Tara calmly explained to him,

Ippo Akshara've irundhurundha koodha, she would not have liked this

She wouldn't have indeed. In fact she would have rubbished her parents melodramatic ideas right away.

Unaku yenna theriyum? Ponna yerandhadhu naanga! Marubadiyum engala la adh-

Appo na unga ponnu illala? Na yedhayum yerakalala?

Tara snarled at her mother.

Tara, amma apdhi solal-

Tara showed her hands wanting Venkatesh to stop talking.

Tara missed her sister,
The one who wholeheartedly welcomed her when she was brought home by Venkatesh that time when she had lost her parents.

Tara has no parents either, they were Meenakshi's sister and brother-in-law where her father had cheated on her mother and the woman committed suicide. Tara was left alone and the family didn't think twice before taking her in.

Right from then, there hasn't been a single day where Tara has felt left out, in fact she felt the most important in the family. Until the most important person in her life, left her.

Everything has been casted upside down and now she felt like she had nothing in control of her own life. Running away from it might sound, absurd, almost impossible and cowardly.

Yet if it was the only way she could think of, what more can she do?

>>>>———— ✨ ————<<<<

I'm sorry for those who are expecting your INNOCENT HATERS update. Since I have a few chapters typed in for this one, I'll be updating that from next week 😶.

For now I hope this one was not bad and the twist wasn't too much. Thank you ❤️