° CHAPTER 69

Guilty
>>>>–––– ✨️ ––––<<<<

Vikram enga kitta yellathayum sollitaru, nanga un kudhave dhan iruka porom. Nee yedhukum bayapudhadhae

Pragi assured Tara, she and Harish had arrived that week itself to stay with Tara for the wedding. Meenakshi was just coming out of her room in adjacent when she heard the conversation. 

Meenakshi couldn't resist her curiosity. Stealthily standing outside Tara's room, she tried to catch the drift of their discussion. Venkatesh, spotting his wife's covert operation, decided to play along. He tapped her on the shoulder, and Meenakshi jumped a little.

Yenna'nga?

Inga yenna pannitu irukae?

Ottu ketutu irukken, paartha therilaya?

Venkatesh kept his hands on hip and tapped her shoulder again, making Meenakshi turn around and whisper-yell at him,

Aiyo yenna'nga prechana ungaluku? Coffee venuma? Vandu pottu tharen ponga!

Pasanga pesittu irukanga, ipdhi ottu kettutu irukae? Yenna Meenakshi idhu?

Meenakshi then leaned closer and whispered to him,

Vikram yedho solli anupirukan, Tara yedhayo nenachu bayapadhralam. Adhu yennanu ketutu iruken

Venkatesh closed his eyes momentarily before he gently knocked on her head,

Adhellam avanga pathupanga, nee po

Illa'nga adhu-

Meenakshi...

Meenakshi pouted glaring at her husband, flipping the end of her pallu she twisted her lips and stormed past him.Once she left, Venkatesh knocked on Tara's door before Harish went and let him in.

Yenna pa?

Na varumbodhu unga amma anga neenga yenna pesringa'nu otthu ketutu irundha. 

The trio looked at each other in shock,

Nalla vela onnum kekala

They sighed in relief, Venkatesh smiled at them,

Veeta sutthi padhugapu pothachu, na iruken, un friends irukanga. Aprom yenna? 

Ungala yepdhi theriyum?

Venkatesh and Harish shared an understanding glance at each other,

Nanga boys'lam oru whatsapp group'eh vechirukom

Whatsapp Group ah?

Ama

Tara, appo namba girls'um oru whatsapp group vechikuvoma?

However Tara turned to Pragi with a grave face,

Yen anga poi nee enga amma'kitta yedhayachum olari, nanga adhichikiradhuka? Onnum venam!

Tara twisted her lips as she headed downstairs. Careful not to be noticed, she entered the store room, flicking on the lights to reveal a box waiting for her. With a heavy heart, Tara opened the box and was greeted by a flood of memories captured in photographs from Akshara and Vikram's wedding — from the vibrant pre-wedding festivities to the emotional reception.

Her fingers delicately traced the contours of a picture where she, Akshara, and Meenakshi were together. Meenakshi, radiant with pride, was sitting beside Akshara, adorned in Mehendi. Tara sat on the ground between them, a moment frozen in time.