° CHAPTER 19

Vıkram's Decısıøn
️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Unakkum Tara'kum nadhuvula yenna nadakudhu Vikram?

Rohit was in no mind to beat around the bush anymore. Once Tara left, he dragged Vikram out to speak to him.

Vikram jerked his head towards Rohit from the sea waves that touched his feet.

With scrutiny written all over his face, Vikram asked,

Yenna nadakudhu'na?

Rohit rolled his eyes,

Yendha nee ipdhi irukae?! Ungalukulla enna iruku'nu velilerndhu paakurae yellarkum theriyudhu! Unaku therla?

Rohit berated unable to withstand Vikram's ignorance anymore. Someone had to knock some sense out of Vikram's head and obviously Rohit was the only person.

Vikram furrowed his eyes at Rohit,

Purilae?

Nee Tara'va love panriya Vikram?

Vikram felt a click in his heart along with an overloaded emotion that was too much to process. An emotion that made his soul twist and burn.

Is that what's been pulling him towards Tara all this time?

No

Vikram ended up whispering to himself before he turned towards Rohit and shook his head in denial.

Illa, I don't.

Rohit raised his eyebrows questioningly,

Na yepdi da Tara'va?

How could he even imagine such thing?

He used to be her ex brother in law, her friend and well wisher and how could Vikram possibly see himself as anything more than these?

Wouldn't it be a disgrace and betray to his memories with Akshara? And waste away all these years he spent in the dark?

Rohit didn't say anything, he knew that Vikram had to recollect his own thoughts rather than being advice at this point. His work was done therefore he simply ignored Vikram's question and left with a deep sigh.

Vikram was too stunned by himself. He couldn't specifically explain but when his heart answered Rohit's question before his lips did, by flashing Tara's smiling face, her doe eyes and melodic chatters in front of his eyes, Vikram couldn't process anything.

This is wrong, totally wrong!

Where did he lost control? When did he slip up on the thin line between them?

He believed himself to be someone who can't even properly decipher 'Love', he had it once and lost it forever. No one deserves someone so hopeless like him, he thought.

Especially not Tara.

Being in his place, Vikram should have been the good friend Tara looks up to, a good friend she can always rely and have trust on. 

They both lost the same person but from different relation and found solace by understanding and comforting each other. Yet, anything that this may lead to would be as taking advantage against someone who finally understood you. It could destroy their own good among society.

Therefore, Vikram made his mind. This feeling, whatever it is, he decided to put an end to this right away before it takes over him again.

And actually keep distance from Tara.

Tara and her team had to submit their works for this round. As always Shakthi suggested that they do a final check of the pictures with Vikram before they submit — like always.

Tara frolicked ahead of Shakthi, adjusting how she looked all the way before knocking on Vikram's workroom

Just by the signature three knocks, he knew whom it was and sighed deeply with his eyes on his laptop. Rohit, who was doing something else gazed at Vikram and frowned but understood when he heard Tara's voice.

Ulla varalam'ah?

Tara saw Vikram being silent despite hearing her and frowned calling for him. Vikram simply gestured the duo to come in still not looking up which didn't go unnoticed by Shakthi.

Shakthi raised his eyebrows at Rohit to which Rohit showed him a thumbs up indicating that their plan was working perfectly.

Tara was staring at Vikram for the whole time he was talking to Shakthi and giving him inputs on how to improve the outcomes, all without sparing even a single glance at her.

Which did not sit well with her.

Yedhuku enna paathu pesa mattringa?

Tara has an unladylike behaviour which is that she is never concerned about the context or the surroundings while saying something.

If something keeps bugging her too much, she won't think twice before asking it.

Vikram calmy pressed his lips into a thin smile and finally looked up at Tara,

Yaaru yaar kitta yenna pesanum'oh, adha dhan pesa mudhiyum

He curtly said before moving his attention back to his work again.

There was something different.

His eyes held no emotions she's used to see, his words pricky and unrecognisable. Tara felt a lump in her throat as she stepped back hiding it.

She excused herself not wanting to stay there as an intruder anymore and left the place with heavy heart.

Seeing her walk away, Vikram lost his mood too. He excused Shakthi saying that he'll help him later before he too left to his room.

Rohit came from behind and engulfed an arm over Shakthi as they watched Vikram disappear out of their view,

Ipdhi'na yepdhi da onnu seruvanga?

Shakthi giggled,

Annae, love'uh nerungi pona velagi pogum, velagi pona nerungi varum. Inime yeppudi varushu'nu mattum parunga. Adhuku mela yellathayum avangale pathupanga

Rohit's mouth formed an 'o' before he

Dei thakkali chedi?

Yes?

Nalaiki naanum love yellam panna, enakum indha madhiri idea kuduthu help'lam pannuviya da?

Shakthi jerked wriggling Rohit's hand out of his shoulder,

Vitta, en tholila'ye mathiruvinga pola irukae?!

Rohit laughed clutching his stomach.

Unaku indha cupid thozhil dhan da porutham'ah iruku!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

How was the chapter? I hope it was good. Thank you so much for your love and support.