Chapter 24

Myra's P. O. V

The next day, John accompanied me to my Mom, we planned to say everything, I do not know what to do when there is a commotion but I'll take care of it, the important thing is that I have nothing to hide.

"You live here, don't you?" John asked and held my hand.

We are already here on my house. My hands are trembling, I feel scared.

I looked at him, as if I just wanted to back out.

"We can do this, I am ready to take all the responsibilities" he said and smiled.

I just sighed and we entered Mom's house.

Everything was fine, I saw my Mother in the kitchen and she was washing the dishes.

"Mom" I said, it immediately turned to me. I could see the shock in her eyes.

"Good day, Mam" John said.

"Myra?" said Mom and approached me as if she could not believe it what she's seeing right now.

"Mom I need to----" I stopped speaking when I felt my Mother's palm on my cheek.

"DID YOU LEAVE JUST TO GET PREGNANT?!" Mom shouted.

John grabbed me and pulled me back, John walked towards my Mom.

"Mam, Hurt me! Not your daughter, she didn't done anything wrong, I'm the one who got her pregnant---" John stopped talking because I was surprised when Mom also slapped John on his face.

"YOU'RE A STUPID MAN! HOW DARE YOU?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CHILD?! WE HAVE NOT YET GOT OUT OF POVERTY! BUT LOOK! YOU ARE DESTROYING MY CHILD'S LIFE?!" Mom shouted and I was even surprised when she suddenly threw the picture frame next to her.

"Mom..." I whispered and burst into tears.

"I didn't let you go to school and graduate just to let you get pregnant, I didn't crawl hard just for you to get pregnant" She said full of anger.

"Madam, forgive me, if you will be angry with me--" Mom slapped John again. I immediately approached John and grabbed his arm.

"Mom please, you're right, that's why I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" I said and was about to hold Mom but she pushed my hand away.

Soon after, Mother suddenly lost consciousness and lay on the floor.

"MOTHER!" I shouted and held my Mom.

John carried my Mom, we immediately got out and went to John's car.

"Is that Myra?"

"Pregnant? right away? Is she married?"

"Maybe she's married, didn't she leave here"

"His mother said she was working in Manila"

"Looks like the work looks different"

I gasped in rage, I wanted to slap them one by one, gossips of my neighbors.

******************

John held my hand as we sat side by side outside Mom's room.

"I'm a little dizzy" I whispered and closed my eyes.

"I'm also stressed, you need rest, sorry Myra" John said and hold my hand tighter.

"How is Mom?" I whispered.

"I hope she's okay" John said.

The doctor came out of Mom's room, John stood up, I was about to stand up but my legs were paralyzed so I stayed seated.

"Your Mom's blood pressure went up, we gave her medicine to help her, she used to come here, I can't forget that because she suddenly fainted that day. I gave her maintenance but she doesn't seem to be taking medicine" said the Doctor.

"Doc? What are the medicines that need to be taken? I would like to buy more for her stock" said John.

"Follow me, my paper is in my office, I will list everything, but I gave it to her before, I think that was just a month ago" Doctor said.

"Can you? Just wait for me here" said John then he and Doctor left.

I tried to stand up and I touched the doorknob.

"Miss are you okay? You are pale" said a nurse, she touched my waist and arm.

She helped me go into the room.

"You are pregnant, it might harm your baby" said the nurse but I ignored it, I sat down next to my Mom and held her hand.

"Mam, wait for me. I'll call the Doctor" said the nurse and left immediately.

"I feel like nothing good has happened since I got pregnant" I whispered in sadness.

"I didn't even follow you because I left, I don't know anymore, I-I feel like I am n-not good" I said and burst into tears.

"Sorry Mom" I whispered.

I closed my eyes when I felt my head hurt again.

"Myra?" I heard John call me.

"Sir? Are you his wife? I saw her was weak earlier so I called the Doctor"

I felt John's hand grip my shoulders.

My eyes remained closed.

"Myra?"

"Let's check her vitals"

"Myra? Are you okay?"

"Mam Open your eyes, are you all right?"

"How are you feeling? Wife?"

**************************

John's P. O. V

Myra lost consciousness so she was also taken to another room, she had not eaten and had not taken vitamins, added stress and resentment so she became weak.

I gasped, I felt guilty for what I had done.

I went to the comfort room and washed my face, no one is here, so I closed the door and locked it.

I stared into the mirror and burst into tears.

"This is all my fault" I whispered and grabbed my head.

I messed up my hair and punched the wall.

"She fucking suffer because of me, fuck that" I whispered and punched the wall again.

"Shit! If I didn't do that, I wouldn't let her in this. I don't want to-- I don't want her to just go to that Nhel. She should only belong to me, but I messed up!" I whispered and kicked the trash next to me.

"When I see her cry, it fucking kills me" I whispered.

/ Cellphone Vibrate /

This is an unknown number but I still answered.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"Hey, Just got back here in Philippines, how are you?" she said, I can't remember her voice but it's a woman.

"Sorry? Who is this? I don't recognize your--" she cut me off and laugh

"Silly John, it's me Karilyn" she said.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you right away, I haven't heard your voice in a long time" I said.

"Yeah, I understand, let's meet. I heard you are a successful professor now" she said and laughed.

"Not really, but Karilyn, I'm sorry, I'm kinda busy right now. Let's meet soon I'll just call you, and welcome back" I said.

"Yeah sure, thanks" she said and she dropped the call.