Chapter 49

Myra's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE GARBIEN!" everyone shouts.

I held the cake while John and I blew the candles together.

I wish, that Garbien will grow up to be a good person. No need to be smart, handsome or whatever. Just kindness, Lord. Amen!

"YEHEY!" I shouted and put the cake on the table.

"We can go straight to the buffet," Cass said. She's the emcee, I don't know. This girl's gimmicks are just on a different level.

"I'll just assist my aunt," John told me and handed me Garbien.

"All right, dear," I said.

"You've been here on earth for a year my baby!" I'm happy to say.

Garbien laughed and his saliva dripped. I immediately wiped it and carried him facing the people.

Garbien was already very fat and very happy. Whenever we see him smiling he gives us a smile too. Often when he woke up without us he would cry so we put him in the middle of us when we went to sleep.

"Daughter! We're late! Sorry, traffic," said Aunt Criselda.

"It's okay!" I said and he handed me a paper bag.

"Can I carry my grandson? So handsome boy!" she said and I handed him Garbien.

"Thank you for this!" I said smiling.

"Oh! Your youngest is with you," I said and approached John's Dad carrying their baby girl Jamaica.

"She's so beautiful..." I whispered and looked at their angelic baby who was now sound asleep.

I also want a girl, actually, I want to have another after Garbien but because of the tight schedule my husband and I have. We no longer have time for each other. I'm working again. I have already taken the board exam and hope to see my name in the passers, next week we will know the results.

"Prof!" I was immediately alerted to the flirty of a woman.

I know that! That's John's student!

"This girl is really getting on my nerves..." I whispered and approached them.

I saw John's student hand out a boxed gift and John accepted it with a smile. How can that woman not fall in love and flirt with him, John is always smiling!

"LOVE!" I called.

At once they turned to me, I approached and took the gift the woman had given.

"Thank you so much! Why did you even bother for this!" I said smiling.

"Yes, Ma'am. Also, sorry for being late," he said.

THEN I HOPE YOU NEVER GO HERE AGAIN! YOU ARE NOT INVITED!

"Is that so?" I said smiling.

I looked at John and widened my eyes.

"All right, I'm going back to my classmates, Prof," she said and walked away.

"Tsk tsk, you're old already. Why act young?," I said annoyed and glared at John.

"Ha? I'm not doing anything!" he defended.

"Nothing!? Let me try to remove your mouth and see if you can smile again !?" annoyed I said and walked away.

I feel like John is following me.

"Dear... I'm sorry," he teased.

"No thanks!" I said calmly and took a cupcake then ate it.

"I'm sorry, my student--"