Chapter 33

Myra's P. O. V

Today is my first day of teaching. I was so excited even though I was a Student Teacher then. It's different now because I am officially a Teacher.

While I was putting on my uniform, my cell phone rang.

From: Nhel

Myra, I'm really sorry. Our client had a problem. I will not be able to pick you up today. Promise I'll get it back tomorrow. Be careful and take care!

"It's okay too" I whispered and smiled.

I grabbed my bag and walked out. My mother went to the market early again to sell because it was just the two of us again.

"There! Do not imitate that woman!"

"Look, Myra left, I heard people got pregnant there"

"That woman? What a shame!"

I was overwhelmed by the gossip of the neighbors. Once Mom and I become successful, we will definitely leave this hell!

I got into a Jeepney, I held my stomach and looked around.

Later, a family boarded, the man was carrying their baby while the woman was holding the baby's bag.

Myra no... Don't dream of that. That will not going to happen again, not anymore.

When I got to the corner of the street, I took another trycicle because it was too far for me to walk and my stomach might be too shaky. My hip also hurts because of the bump in my stomach.

"Baby, don't put too pressure in your Mommy's belly, huh? I'll pinch you!" I said and smiled.

I went to my classroom and sat at the teacher's table. I looked at myself in the mirror, while I was putting on lipstick a student came in.

"Hello! Are you Ma'am Myra? I added you on facebook! Please accept me Mam!" A young woman said cheerfully to me.

"Sure" I said and smiled.

"Elery Mae is the name" she said with a smile.

"ELERY! LET'S GO!" another woman shouted and ran towards Elery.

I smiled, this is how Cass and I used to be. We are always partners in Crime. How is that woman now, we didn't talked for a few days?

Many more students entered the room and put their bags on their seats.

"Good morning" the man in the mirror said shyly and placed his bag on the opposite chair of my table.

I smiled at him. I noticed he was just bent over all the time. No one even greets him.

"Mam! Are you our new advisor?" a man asked.

"Yes!" I said smiling.

"You're so beautiful!" another man teased and whispered to the barricade.

"Ma'am, are you single?" he asked me.

"Yes" I replied smiling.

"How old are you Mam? Can I court you?" he asked and tried to shake my hand, then he was scolded by the other students.

I laughed and stood up. Everyone stopped when they saw my stomach.

"Study hard first, okay?" I said.

They just nodded. The shock on their faces was obvious.

The bell rang, all of my students came out. I picked up the pod lock and the classroom key. It was required to lock the door just in case, so that nothing is lost inside.