Chapter 25

John's P. O. V

As I was walking down the hallway to pay the bills I suddenly stopped when I saw my father.

"Dad..." I whispered.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Son, I thought I couldn't see you again, I don't know where I can find--"

"Stop acting like you care for me" I said and I was about to walk away but he grabbed my arms.

"Son" he calmly said.

"Look Mr. Gatchalian. I don't have time to talk to you, I gotta go" I said and push his hand.

Why is he here? What is he doing here in the Philippines.

"Please! Son talk to me, Just a minutes okay?" he said to me while he's following me.

"Spill it" I said reluctantly.

"Let's go there" he said and pointed outside.

I followed him, we went to the parking lot where no one was.

"Why here? Huh? American man? Who's with you? Why do I have to hide?" I said sarcastically.

"Forgive me--"

"If you're here to make an apology to me, then we're fine. Go back to where you're from, to where you belong" I said.

"JOHN GATCHALIAN! I didn't want to leave you here! But I had to and you know that!"

"Do you need it? Because she have money? Because you love her? We just know that you chose that woman more than me! Look at me!" I said but he was not looking.

"LOOK AT ME!" I shouted at him. He obeyed and stared at me.

"I can handle myself even without you, I raised myself without you, I don't need you anymore" I said.

"I'M SORRY! I TRIED TO TELL HER BUT YOU KNOW SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GET MARRIED WITH SOMEONE WHO HAVE A CHILD! BUT I LOVE YOU TOO SO I HIDE YOU!" he says.

"How about my Mom? Did you love her?" I asked.

"John! You know how much I love your Mom! But she killed your brother! Because of that-- Because of what she did--"

"I know Dad, I also hate Mom, our family was ruined because of her" I said and left.

I paid the bills and looked back where I talk to Dad.

I saw him talking to a man who looked just his age. They got in the car and left.

I don't want to, he left me, what kind of father is he. I will never do what he did.

***************

While Myra and I were eating dinner I heard my cellphone ringing.

"All right, look" Myra said.

I let go of the spoon and took the cellphone out of my pocket.

"What is it Sir? Why don't you have response?"

"Are you still in your old house?"

"Busy?"

"Text me back huh? Don't act like a famous person, ignoring someone sexy like me"

"Can I call?"

I was about to reply to Karilyn but she called.

"Hey! I finally contacted you, aren't you happy that I'm back?" she said.

"I'm happy for you, but you know--"

"Busy schedule? At the same time, do you still work at the same school?" she asked.