Chapter 28

Myra's P. O. V

"Myra, let me explain! Myra I love you--"

"FUCK YOUR EXCUSES!" I shouted and then turned my back on him.

I felt my tears falling down into my cheeks, I am crying again. It hurts me so much, I can't understand why he has to do that. I don't deserve that kind of treatment!

"Myra please..." he said softly when he chased me to the bedroom door.

"You used me, you don't really love me, John. I believed you but it's all a lie" I said sadly and shook my head.

"No... No Myra, it's not like that--"

"THEN WHAT! YOU ALREADY SAID THE TRUTH! IT COMES FROM YOUR MOUTH!" I shouted and opened the door of the room.

Mom was there and sitting on the bed with a bag in her lap.

I approached Mother and looked at her then signaled, we planned to leave, since I'm already graduated. I can find a job. I don't have to rely on John anymore.

"Myra—why? what is this?" John asked.

I sighed and looked at him straight to his eyes, acting like a brave woman.

"Let's break up, I deserve better. I can take care of my child, alone" I said emphatically.

"No... No Myra please don't leave me. I can't ... I can't live without you" his voice broke so I looked at him, crying.

"You ruined the plans I made for my life, It feels like since you got me pregnant you have taken control of my life!" I shouted and pointed to myself.

I keep on crying, it feels so heavy. I was no longer happy, I felt like this is a hell.

"Mom... Let's go" I said and took my suitcase.

"Myra--"

"I will pay for everything you spent on me, just wait" I said without emotion and turned my back on him.

"Madam--"

"I thought you were a nice person!" I heard Mom said to John.

"MYRA! I'M SORRY!"

"STOP MANIPULATING ME! IT'S ENOUGH JOHN! NO MORE!" I cried out of resentment and was angry with him.

I feel so weak, I walked out of John's house. I heard his every sob.

If he did it in a right way... If he just did.

I never looked back. When I saw a taxi I run to it, then Mom and I got in.

We had no choice but to stand on our own feet. We cannot depend on others, especially him.

Mom and I went home to our old house, in an area known as the squatter area, close to the wooden houses that were completely patched with gossip neighbors.

It was night when we got home so no one saw Mom and me, the house was very dirty so Mom didn't go to sleep right away and cleaned up. I, on the other hand, had to rest first because I had a baby in my womb, I did not want to hurt this innocent child.

THE NEXT DAY, I woke up to the voices of two women fighting.

"YOU DON'T KNOW!"

"ACCEPT THAT CASE! BOTH OF YOU WILL JUST END UP HERE BECAUSE YOUR DAUGHTER IS A FAILURE!"

I immediately woke up to what I heard and left the house.

"THAT FUCKING MOUTH OF YOURS! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU NEVER BEEN A FAILURE BECAUSE YOU WERE!" I can no longer control myself because I do not want everyone to underestimate my family.

"MY DAUGHTER! FINISHED HER STUDIES! HOW ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER!?"

"HEY! MY CHILD IS STUDYING GOOD, NOT LIKE YOUR CHILD WHO GOT PREGNANT!"

"DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE MY DAUGHTER LIKE THAT---"

I looked at Mother, she was about to kick Alice but I immediately pulled her hand and stopped her.

"Mom! Don't. Let them go" I said and patted Mom on the shoulder.

Many neighbors were looking at us, I saw my Mom's friend come.

"FUCK YOU ALICE!"

I covered my mouth when Lea hit Alice on her head.

Many viewers laughed because of what Lea did.

"I'm sleeping! Fuck off your mouth! You're even very noisy than the rooster every morning! I will sew your mouth!" Lea threatened and pointed at Alice.

As I calmed Mom down, Mom's pressure might rise. I don't want anything bad to happen.

"Linda! Good and come back here!" Ate Lea said smiling and hugged my Mom.

I looked badly at the neighbors watching then we entered our home with sister Lea.

"There was a problem with my daughter's boyfriend, I just don't want to hurt Myra, you know she's my only child" said Mom.

"Me! Do you feel bad about getting pregnant?" Lea asked and took the plastic she was carrying.

"Pretty much" I replied and sat down on the bamboo chair.

"Here! I sewed you a dress! It's hard to dress when your stomach grows!" smiling Lea said.

I smiled and took the dress she was holding.

"You don't have to do this! But, Lea, thank you very much!" I said then stood up and measured the dress.

"I will always wear it, so that my body can breathe" I said with a smile.

I left all the clothes that John would buy for me at his house. I don't want to increase my gratitude to that man.

I tried to smile as I watched Lea and Mom talking in the kitchen. I gasped when I thought of John, I loved him too but he loved me the wrong way.

I called Cass, I smiled as she answered quickly.

"What is it? It's still early" she said.

I chuckled. "It's nine o'clock" I said and looked out the window.

"What? I am waking up at 10 am every day, why did you call?" she asked.

I sighed before I spoke, I still feel what I found out about John.

"Mom and I have returned to our old house" I said sadly.

"Why?" she asked.

"I can't tell on the phone, can we meet? It's a very long story" I said quietly.

"All right I'll pick you up" she said.

I'm really glad that I have a friend like Cass, even though I'm just poor and can't keep up with the social, she still wants me as a friend, she's not really the kind of friend who is just rich.

I said goodbye to Mom and told her that Cass and I would meet, and she allowed me.

When Cass came to my house, she greeted my mother and at the same time she greeted my baby who was still in my womb but she was already talking a lot.

"If that baby is a girl, i want to take her with me, I will teach her to make up and make her beautiful!" she said cheerfully while driving.

"I don't know but if it is, you take care of it, I trust you" I said laughing.

"So what's up with you and Sir John?" she asked.

I gasped and recounted the whole incident.