Chapter 30

Myra's P. O. V

While I was busy with the laptop that Cass gave me yesterday. What do we expect, she's rich and I hope I am too. She bought another upgraded laptop again so she gave me this old one instead of just throw it up.

I accept it after all I have nothing to use, this is what I use to apply for a job.

I found a school quite far from us, just need to ride a two jeepney. The trip was hassle but I had to work. It was a private school because I did not have a license yet. I am a freshly graduate.

"Myra, your vitamins. Have you already take it? I'm going to the market" my Mom said.

I looked at My mom and I smiled at her. I watched her walked out to get an umbrella because it was foggy.

"Be careful Mom and take care! Thank you!" I said cheerfully.

When Mom was gone, I turned my attention back to the laptop, I was waiting for a reply to my email.

They said that they needed a substitute for one of their teachers who just had chest surgery and was still recovering. Healing will take months and it is sudden so they are looking for a new teacher. I immediately applied to it.

I took vitamins for my pregnancy, then stared at the laptop.

A few minutes later I was almost overjoyed when I received the email they sent me. For legitimate I need to bring my diploma and other forms.

"Baby! Your Mommy has a job!" I said with a smile and caressed my stomach.

Later on, the sky becomes dark and it suddenly rained.

"Ow no!" I said irritably and stood up.

I took out our basins from the kitchen and then applied them to the holes in the leaking roof.

"Hhmmm" I tuned.

"MYRA?"

I almost jumped in shock when I heard that voice.

"Is somebody here? TITA LINDA ?! MYRA? HELLO?!"

I was walking around confused because Nhel was outside our house.

"Shit, what should I do?" I heard him say.

I thought he might be wet outside because it was raining, I didn't realize I opened the door myself, Nhel was soaking wet while holding his cellphone wet as well.

"N-nhel" I said reluctantly.

"C-can I come in?" he asked shyly.

I scoffed, "Yes sure!" and then opened the door.

He went in and left his raincoat outside, he hung on a nail in the same of our wall.

"This is for you" Nhel said and handed me a plastic full of fruits.

I stared at him in a moment and seemed unable to believe what I was seeing right now. What is this for? Why does he have money? Why did he come here?

I looked up at his smiling face and his eyes widened as if speaking, his hair fell on his forehead due to its wetness, the front of his dress was also wet.

"Ahh-- thank you" I said reluctantly.

I slowly looked at him, he forcedly smiled at me.

Shit! This is very awkward.

"Ah-- sit down" I said and pointed to the chair. He sat there.

"Sit down too" he said.

I nodded and sat down, I smiled at him awkwardly.

"Myra... It's still me, it's just me" he mocked.

I rolled my eyes at him. He is still as naughty as before.

"But Myra, I'm happy. You thought me a lesson very well. I'm the best version of myself now" he said with a smile. "Yes, you left me. There were a lot of problems. I lost my mind, as in I lost ... My whole being, but I found myself again. I thought, you do not deserve that kind of man, the stupid side of me. Maybe now... Maybe, I can finally be the man you really deserve" He sincerely said makes my heart fluttered.

Nhel, don't make me change my mind. We've only been apart for a few months but ... then... Here you are again.

"I'm pregnant" I said.

He chuckled, "I know"

I looked down. I don't know but... I'm happy to saw him. I'm happy that he's acting natural, that it's fine that I'm pregnant.

"Are you busy?" says it once looking at the laptop.

"Ahh ... I was looking for a job, I will go tomorrow to a school I have applied" I said with a smile.

He smiled.

"What time? Can I come with you?" he asked.

"No, I'm good--"

"I don't have a car, I don't have one yet" he said laughing so I laughed too.

"You're really crazy" I said laughing and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Are we already okay?" the smile suddenly disappeared from his lips.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

My heart beat faster as Nhel stared at me. I will admit that, I missed those eyes.

Slowly he brought his face closer to mine, I could not lie down yet. I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine.

He kissed me slowly.

Then, suddenly... John's face showed up on my mind.

I was shocked and pushed Nhel away from me.

"I-I'm sorry, I-- I didn't-- mean to startled you-- I--" he stammered and calmed me down.

"N-no ... I'm fine, can we... Let's not hurry? Every situation has a process" I said and smiled sparingly.

"Yes ... Sure" He said and then smiled at me.

********************

John's P. O. V

"LEAVE! YOU CAN'T DESTROY ME ANYMORE KARILYN!" I shouted and pushed her when she kissed me.

I saw her crying. But I don't know anything yet, I know she does this to hypnotize me and go with her. Not anymore ... I will not forget what she did to me.

"Because of you, Myra left me! It's all because of your greediness" I said emphatically.

"JOHN! I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU! FOR YOU! YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM!" She said sobbing.

I shookt my head,"I love them, you can't do anything to prevent me from loving them! I can't fucking loss them!" I shouted and then touched her shoulder.

I pushed her back until it reached the door.

"LEAVE!" I shouted.

She glared at me and left immediately.

I got my own hair cut.

I have to apologize, I'm wrong. My way is wrong, so wrong. I admit it.

I grabbed my car key and immediately got out, I drove to Myra's house.

I don't care even if it rains. I hurriedly walked to their house, I am soaking wet then I stopped when I saw from the window of Myra's house...

It was.... Nhel and Myra... Kissing...

I clenched my fist and immediately turned away. I slowly walked back to my car. I feel the weakness of my leg because of the pain I feel. It was as if a needle had pierced my heart over and over again.

"You got them so easy, Nhel.... What do you have?" I whispered.

I looked up at the sky and wiped every drop of rain.

"I Fucked up"