Chapter 36

Myra's P. O. V

The next day, I went in alone to school because Nhel was busy again. I am overthinking about John, I don't have any clue about them. I would like to ask him if it is true that he rode Mam Jillean in his car. Annoying!

I took my attendance record and put it on the gadget where the time is when you arrive. I put that back on the teacher's schedule. I thought about looking at John.

"He's not here yet ..." I whispered.

I looked at the time. 7:25 a.m. It's only 5 minutes and he's late. I just shrugged and went to the room. I adjusted my gear and adjusted my students' scores on the laptop.

"Sir John!? Are you okay?" I heard Mam Jillean's voice from afar.

I looked out the window. I saw her supporting John in his arm.

"The fuck ..." I whispered out of annoyance.

I stood up and approached them but they walked downstairs.

"Sir is sick?"

"We don't have a class bro! Sir is sick!"

Because I was so curious, I secretly followed them. I frowned as I watched Mam Jillean caring for him.

"You man can't walk alone!" I whispered.

I saw them enter the Principal's office.

I was surprised when Mam Jillean suddenly came out and I immediately entered a room due to panic. She can't saw me!

The kid suddenly called me "Hi Teacher".

I looked at the classroom and was full of kids. I was caught in my senses.

"Bye-bye kids!" I said a few words and went out.

I looked for Mam Jillean and saw her go to the canteen. I had time to preview John's condition. I slowly walked to the door of principal's office. I saw John leaning on Sir Joseph's table. I walked closer to him.

"J-John?" I stuttered calling him but he did not looked at me.

He may be asleep.

"Pst!" I called but still nothing, I was about to touch his forehead to check his temperature but I suddenly heard Mam Jillean.

"Mam Myra? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Ah--I was just going to get a record book from Sir Joseph, but I saw John here," I excused myself and forced a smile.

I saw her holding a tub with only water and bimpo. I bowed. She's really now taking care of him. That was my role.

"I should go now... Sir Joseph is gone, he may be outside" I said and left the Principal's Office.

I gasped, suddenly feeling sad and jealous. I looked at them again. I saw Mam Jillean wiping John.

"You might figure out that maybe she's the one who will take care of you forever" I whispered and walked back to my classroom.

"Mam? Are you okay?" Ash suddenly asked me.

I tried to smile. "Of course"

"I'm done" he said and laid the notebook on my desk.

I grabbed my red ballpen. I suddenly looked out the window when I saw John pass by and go to his classroom.

Surprisingly, he did not look at me or look at my classroom. He always takes a peek. He must be sick. But I can't do anything about it.

***********************

When lunch was over I was in vacant class. All my students are out because they P.E now.