Chapter 43

John's POV

I suddenly felt raged as I saw my father.

"Why is he here?" I asked Myra as she has her head down.

"Uhm-- John ... I want you to talk, I want you to get along," she whispered to me and I felt her hand on my back.

I'm not mad at her because she let the man I hate the most enter my house. This is also her house too... Fuck, I just hate him.

"John... My son—"

"I'll do this because I was told by the woman I love, who loves me," I deliberately emphasized the word 'loves me' because I never felt that feeling from him.

I sat across him. Aunt Linda left me alone along with my dad.

"John... I just want to say that... Even though I haven't been with you for many years, I always think of you and I love you because you are my child. I always think of your well-being, your wife is right, it's not too late, we can still fix this, because for me? I want it to be fixed, "my father said softly.

I leaned back on the sofa and stared at dad, as if my heart softened at what he said.

"Son---"

"What about your family?" I asked.

"I'll introduce you; I don't care if she'll be mad at me. The important thing is that I don't have anything to hide anymore," he said.

I looked at him, I felt Myra's caress on my shoulder, I looked at her and she smiled at me.

I sighed, "I don't want to ruin someone's family ..." I said sadly.

"Son... I'm old, I don't know how long I'll live in this world. At first I was scared but now... Son, I'm ready to fight for you," as he said that, I felt like crying, I've been wanting to hear that from dad for so long.

"Love... You'll be relieved, there's no more heaviness here," Myra whispered to me as she touched my chest.

I held her hand. I will follow Myra, because I know she is right.

"All right, how?" I asked Dad.

"Let's meet at the Mall this afternoon. We'll go there, I'll introduce you to my family... That will be your family too. Son... I hope you don't get mad at me--"

"I'm not angry anymore, dad..." I said calmly.

I saw his sudden smile on his lips. I was surprised when he stood up and hugged me.

"Son... I haven't heard you call me fad for the last twenty years without being mad at me," he whispered.

I hugged him back.

"Dad... I'm going to have a family too," I whispered and smiled.

"Actually son... Criselda's pregnant again, that will be our third child but... Because of her age, her pregnancy becomes sensitive," he said.

"What if she's angry? Because of me? What might happen to the baby---"

"Son... If she loves me, she'll accept it. We've been married for fifteen years, and you're right, I should have told her a long time ago," dad said.

"May I ask? How come you left mom for another?" I asked.

"Son, love. Suddenly it appears. Coincidentally, while I was cleaning hotel rooms in America, I saw her very drunk and could not open the door to her room. When she dropped the key, she also fell. I still remember that incident," I could see the joy in dad's eyes.

Maybe he just chose where he would be happy. I am his child... But I have no right to stop him from being happy.

"I took her to her room then, I'll admit she's a very beautiful woman. Of course she is, she's American. I even brought her food the next morning and said I brought her here, she said... It's rare for a man there not to take advantage of women. Since then we have had communication, we always meet and talk but she suddenly mentioned that she got drunk that night because her boyfriend had a child with someone else and he said didn't want what she knew. So I had no choice but to hide that I have a child because I actually fell in love with her. Later, we got married, "said dad.