Chapter 27

Myra's P. O. V

Just after I got dressed, I was combing my hair, Nhel suddenly came to my mind. He used to brush my hair for me. It's okay for John to be here to do that.

"Mom? Where have you been?" I asked Mom when she entered the house carrying plastic bags.

"I bought rice! I checked the kitchen, you have no stock there! Here," I grabbed another plastic bag she's carrying. "I even bought frozen foods!" said Mom while arranging what she bought and put it on the table.

"Mom! Why did you go alone? You should've told me!" I said.

"Myra! I'm strong. You're here and I'm going to have grandchildren so I really need to be strong so I can carry that child" Mom said to me with a smile.

"Mom, really!" I said and pouted.

I hugged her and Mother touched my bulging stomach.

"Your face has grown, you now have a cute cheeks and you gained weight. Maybe, John really took care of you" said Mom, so I frowned.

Am I too fat now? Maybe I should have a diet.

"Where is John?" Mom asked me.

"He got to work, they need to be there" I said and helped Mom put food in the refrigerator.

"Knock Knock?!" I heard the woman shout from outside.

Mother was about to walk, but I grabbed her arm.

"I will check it" I said and Mom nodded.

I walked to the door and when I opened it I saw John's friend, Karilyn.

"Ahh--- John is gone" I said and forced a smile on her.

"It would be better then! You really are the one I went to!" she said to me and smiled at me.

My forehead frowned, as if I didn't want to trust this woman with the bad vibes I felt from her.

"Why?" I asked.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

I didn't do anything because I didn't want to curse her and I might even look bad, I just let her in and we sat on the sofa.

"Look, I'm not here to make any trouble to you and John. I'm a woman too, and when you hear this, you may feel bad or whatever. I feel like you should know that, you deserve to know the truth" said Karilyn and she even held my hand.

I was curious.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's about John. I accidentally recorded what he said the other day to me when we went out" she said and took out her cellphone.

"Recorded?" I asked, she nodded and turned down the volume of her cellphone.

"So, what is it? Spill it" was Karilyn's voice.

"I planned that, everything" I frowned at what John said. I don't know what he's saying.

"What plan?" Karilyn asked.

"I like her for 3 years she only thinks of me as a teacher, but she has a boyfriend so I need to do something to get that man to leave her, I won't let her down because I don't want her to be awkward in her studies. She's so smart but I was able to give her, I planned to drop her at the Demo so that she could come to me and ask for help, I said when she had sex with me I would pass her on, I said I'm not gonna get her pregnant. But my goal is to get her pregnant to let her be with me forever, I've waited for so long. Finally I also won." I said and smiled at her.

My world stopped for a few minutes at what I heard. I can't believe that John did that to me! I can't accept that!

"See? Do you think he really loves you? Why did he do that to you?" Karilyn asked me.

"Why--- why do I feel like he only chased me for... for sex..." I whispered sadly.

"Exactly! True love is not in bed!" said Karilyn.

She's right, if John really loves me then he won't ask for my virginity.

"WHAT THE HELL! THAT MAN IS CRAZY! WHERE IS JOHN!? I'M GOING TO KILL HIM" Mom shouted.

I immediately turned to Mom and make her stop.

I gasped. If only John had not done that way.

"What? Will you just let it go?" Karilyn asked.

I cried.

"I broke up with my boyfriend Nhel, I sacrifice my plans in life for this child" I whispered and touched my stomach.

"See? He ruined everything" Karilyn said.

"Why ... Why did he do that?" I whispered while crying.

Mom approached me and hugged me.

"Mom, I made a mistake..." I whispered while crying "I'm sorry" I added.

"Myra--- shhh" Mom whispered as she touched my back.

"I don't know what went into John's elbow, For him to do that" Karilyn said and pointed at my stomach.

"The-- my many plans.. F-for Mom and me, I said when I finish studying, I will work so I can buy her own land and house, so that we no longer live in that poverty area. I promised Mom that I will try to save money, but I could not work because I got pregnant! Nhel! I really love that man, I love him so much! But he respects my virginity, he respect me as a woman, during our relationship he never touched me. I never thought I could give my virginity so easily. If I don't do that, Mom and I will suffer again" I said while still crying.

"Your Ex loves you, I think he really deserves you" Karilyn said.

"I know ... I know ... But I tried to love John for the sake of the child I was carrying, but it turned out like this. Give me a copy of that please" I said to Karilyn.

I took my cellphone and she sent me the copy.

***********

I sat on the sofa while staring at the door, my eyes are red because of crying.

I heard John's car enter the garage of the house. I waited for John to enter.

"My wife! Why--" John opened up to me but he stopped when I stood up and looked at him badly.

"Dear? Why- your eyes" he pointed to my eyes and was about to approach me but I backed away from him.

I turned on my cellphone and played the recording ..

"So what? Spill it"

"I planned that, everything"

"What plan?"

"I like her for 3 years she only thinks of me as a teacher, but she has a boyfriend so I need to do something to get that man to leave her, I won't let her down because I don't want her to be awkward in her studies. She's so smart but I was able to give her, I planned to drop her at the Demo so that she could come to me and ask for help, I said when she had sex with me I would pass her on, I said I'm not gonna get her pregnant. But my goal is to get her pregnant to let her be with me forever, I've waited for so long. Finally I also won." I said and smiled at her.