Chapter 16

Myra's P.O.V

We got home late at night and I'm so tired, I don't know why.

"Rest, I'll just sweep the house first" John said and left the room.

I took my pajamas and went straight to the bathroom.

I cleaned my body and got dressed, I also washed my face and brushed my teeth.

After a while, my cellphone suddenly rang, I was surprised to see Nhel's name on the screen. I feel nervous and excited at the same time.

"Nhel" I whispered and immediately answered its call.

"Hello?" I said nervously.

He has been gone without any clue to me for almost two months.

"Nhel?" I called him but no one answered and I only heard noise, then I did not understand what they're talking about.

"Dude! That's right" I heard the man's voice and I knew it wasn't Nhel.

The call died, I wanted to talk to him, I felt like I was very eager to be with him again.

I got up and walked closer to the window, I looked at the sky and felt sad again, I remembered what Nhel had told me when we were about to part ways.

"It's only a few years of love, after we graduate we will be together, yes we have not had one year and it is sad because we will celebrate our first anniversary when we are apart, I am in Vigan then you are here in Manila right? The long distance relationship" said Nhel once hug me.

"I will miss you so much, promise me it's just me huh? No other woman" I said.

"Yes, I will miss you too but every time you feel sad and miss me, just look at the sky, think of me looking at you, I'll do the same, I also see you because we are in the same world. We can see one moon" said Nhel.

I stopped thinking when my cellphone suddenly rang again.

"Nhel?" I answered.

"Myra-- I can't accept it love. Why is that like this? The strength of our relationship and all struggles that we had handled—b-but, why? I can't do this Myra" Nhel said as I heard his sob.

I felt his pain.

"I told you, let's not include it in the drink and that's all he will do when he gets drunk. He'll start to talk about his ex girlfriend" I heard a man say and I heard someone laughing.

It looks like they are drinking alcohol, Nhel has never been like this before, he doesn't drink because I don't like the smell of alcohol.

"Myra, I still love you, can we bring back the time when we were happy and you had no one else?" Nhel said made me even sadder.

"Dude! Give it to me! Hello Myra? Please be patient with our troops, forget what he said, he's out of his mind" said a man.

"I told you not to bother her anymore because your ex girlfriend already has a family, there are lots of gilrs who like you, come on! you will never run out of women" I heard another man say, then the call ends.

That's right, I want you to be happy Nhel. Just love another girl and forget me. I also do not deserve your forgiveness because I really cheated on you. I'm a very bad person.

"I still love you too" I said and put the cellphone on my chest and looked at the sky.

I could help but feel my tears flowing but shed it, I could not stop. I'm so sick, I'm so stupid. I lost everything just because I don't want to lose my career and my future.