Chapter 41

John's PO V

Today, I planned to propose to Myra. I felt excited yet nervous.

I felt the vibration of my cellphone in my pocket, I got it and saw Myra's text.

{Have you gotten your monthly salary? Why do you want a dinner date? Are you rich?}

I chuckled. She doesn't have an idea that tonight's gonna be the perfect night for us. Except for the ones we made love with, that's different.

{Just.. make yourself prettier, I know you're already beautiful but I like the one that dazzles me with beauty}

I replied, smiling.

"Sir, here's our rings," said the male staff. I put down my phone to look at the dazzling rings.

I am here today at the jewellery store to buy a ring that I will give to Myra.

"Sir, I recommend this ring linderoth, 585 white gold, white sapphire," he said and showed me the ring.

"Good... But..." I looked at the ring that grabbed my attention.

"'Here," I pointed to the ring.

"Ahh... This is the so-called Ring Egidia, 585 white gold diamond," he said.

"Can I touch it?" I asked for permission.

"Sure sir!" he said and handed it to me.

"Is it 15mm in size?" I will asked.

"Yes! Sir, here it is," he said and handed me a small ring with the same design of what I want.

"Hhmm..." I put it on my little finger.

"It fits, this is perfect," I whispered and smiled.

"Looks like you're going to give that to someone special, sir," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, so special. She's even more special than my life," I said laughing.

"That cost 22,980 pesos sir!" he says.

"I'll take it, do you accept cards?" I said and pulled out my wallet. I gave him my card.

"Yes. Wait a moment, sir."

He took a red box and put the ring inside it and then put it in a small paper bag. Suddenly my cell phone rang. Myra texted me again.

{Where are you now? I'm dressed and ready to go}

{Coming soon} I replied.

"Sir, here it is, thank you for purchasing!" he said and returned my card.

"Thank you," I said smiling and walked out of the store.

I hopped in my car and headed back home. I hid the ring in my pocket, I was wearing a coat because I wanted to be presentable in front of her.

"Myra!?" I shouted when I got home.

The door of the house opened and my saliva almost dropped on the beauty of my future wife. She was wearing an off shoulder black dress that was very close to her stomach because of its bulge.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she approached my car.

"Y-yes," I stammered.

She got in the car and sat in the passenger seat.

I stared at her face, her eyebrows were neat and there was more eyeshadow, the red lipstick she used was also nice, just right for her. She also curled the ends of her hair, she had a silver necklace and silver earrings. She only fixes this once and she's so beautiful! I can't wait to see her walking down the aisle.