Chapter 42

Myra's POV

John's aura was so dark, I couldn't speak and couldn't understand either, all I knew was that he was talking to his dad in the bathroom.

When he left, I followed him and saw the man also enter the bathroom and follow John. I couldn't go into the man's bathroom so I stayed outside and leaned against the door while listening to John's screams.

"Take a break," he said emotionlessly and got out of the car.

I walked into his house; I saw mom already asleep on the folding bed in the living room. We quietly walked towards the bedroom.

"John..." I called to him.

He remained silent as I watched him take off his coat and polo. I don't know what I should do. I went to the bathroom and removed my make up.

"I thought this would be the best night, it's our first time having a dinner date. It must have been memorable but turned out to no fun," I whispered and sighed.

I went back to our room. I slowly closed the door and looked at John who was already lying on the bed with his face turned away from me.

I put on a night gown; the world was so quiet. I'm also sad because I know John isn't okay. I turned on the side table lamp and turned off the light, I joined John in the bed and leaned on the headboard.

"John..." I called.

I can't just do nothing.

"John, hey ..." I called to him and touched his shoulder.

I heard him sob. I felt even more sad and almost wanted to cry myself.

"Myra..." he said, he turned to me and hugged my thighs.

"Shhh..." I whispered and stroked his back.

He put his head on my thigh. I let him cry.

"I promised myself. I will never be like my father," he said as he cried.

"No. You're not like that," I whispered and combed his hair with my fingers.

"Myra... I didn't give up on you and I have no intention of losing you because you are my family. Myra, I have nothing... Even though I look like a successful person, I don't have a family... Myra, I have no family," he said and continued to cry.

I sighed and caressed his back.

"But John... He's still your father," I whispered.

"That's right, it's hard to accept that he is my father. Out of all people, why should it be him?"

"This is just a test; I know it's too hard. It's too painful. John, how will you be relieved if you won't let go of the anger and pain you're feeling?" I asked while continuing to stroke his back.

"Myra... It's hard... It's hard to forgive. I just want to forget about him, about us, and think we never met," he whispered.

"It's not going to work, John. You grew up and became strong because of your dad. He left you and you learned to stand on your own two feet," I said.

He sighed, "I know, but I can't accept it. I'm so jealous of his new family that receives his love and care."

"John, I'm here, we are. Mom, your baby boy and I love you very much. I will love and take care of you forever. If you didn't achieve it then, it's not too late for you not to achieve it now, as long as we live, we have to fight," I said.

He sat up and faced me, his eyes red and his cheeks soaked with tears, as well as my thigh. I approached him and wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"'Don't cry anymore, but John... I hope the day comes when you can forgive your dad too. If he's not here, you won't be here," I said and took a tissue.

"Blow my baby," I said laughing and pressed the tissue to his nose.

"Come on, Myra..." he said shyly and took the tissue from my hand.

"Oh my gosh! My baby! Don't cry, I'm already here!" I said softly.

He laughed at what I did.

"My big cry baby!" I laughingly said.

We laughed together then suddenly his face became serious.

Will he cry again?

"W-why?" I questioned stutteringly.

"I love you," he said.

I smiled.

"I love you too," I replied.

He pulled my hand and pulled me closer to him, he kissed my lip. I no longer struggled and responded to his kisses.

He slowly laid me down and I could feel him over me while continuing to shower me with kisses. I broke away from his kiss and I stared at him now that our faces were so close.

"Remember that I'm pregnant," I laughed saying.

"Oh yeah... What a shame ..." he said mischievously.

***************************

The next morning, I woke up early and while I was frying an egg the doorbell rang. I turned off the stove and went out.

"What i--" I stopped when I saw John's Dad.

"I know you that know how much your son is hurting right now," I said as I approached the gate.

"Miss... Are you my son's wife? I saw you with him last night. I wish I could talk to John," he said.

I opened the gate.

"Are you going to have a child?" he asked while looking at my stomach.

"Yes... But we're not married," I said softly.

"I don't know your name yet ..." he said.

"Myraquel. But just call me Myra," I said.

I saw mom at the door. She is listening.

"She's my mom, wait—Sir, before you talk to John, I'd like to ask you a favor," I said.

"W-what's that?"

"I hope you do everything to make him feel better, if you can, please don't use hurtful words. Honestly... He cried last night because he feels that you have deprived him of the care of a parent. He lived without a family that loved him. It's not too late for you to not get along..." I said.

"Yes, thank you so much for taking care of my son. I know he is old and so am I. I am also an old man, I don't want to die without us coming to good terms," he said.

I smiled and we entered.

"You're John's father," mom said.

I left them talking in the living room and went to the bedroom. I approached the bed; John has his eyes closed so I thought he was asleep but I was surprised when he pulled my hand. I was laid down on the bed and he quickly leaned over me as he kiss my face.

"John!" I restrain him.

"Good morning, my love," he said with a smile.

Can he even smile when he find out his father is here?

"Wait... You have a guest in the living room," I said.

"H-huh? Who?" he asked.

I pushed him and I stood up, I pulled his hand out the door.