Chapter 39

Myra's P.O.V

I can't be bothered. I feel guilty now because I feel sorry for Nhel. Now that John and I already had a deep conversation, we forgave each other and made a promise. I texted Nhel and asked him if we could meet each other, because I can't take my conscience. He replied 'Yes', so I went today here to McDonald's near John's house.

I'm waiting for him to arrive when I saw a kid crying, she's alone standing in the middle of this fast food chain.

"Pst, baby?" I called her.

She looked at me and she stopped crying. She is so cute and I am happy with the beauty of her pink dress that suits her.

"Why are you crying? Come here!" I said.

I was about to approach her but she just moved backed away. There was fear in her eyes. Maybe she thought I am a bad stranger whom not to talk to.

"ANGELICA MIYKAL!" shout of a man wearing a Doctors uniform. He gasped as he ran towards the child.

"My child!" he said and immediately knelt down to hug his daughter. "I'm sorry!" said the man and looked at me.

I smiled sparingly.

"It's ok, is she lost?" I asked and he nodded.

"Dad, why are you talking to her? You said that we must not talk to strangers but you just did."

My lips parted as how smart his kid was. Her father laughed softly.

"No daughter I don't know her but she seems like a good person, next time don't leave my side, huh? I told you I'll buy you ice cream after I talked to your Godmother Ella," he said.

"Hello," the kid greeted me.

"Hello, Angelica. Maybe your mother chose your dress? It's nice and suits you!" I said smiling.

"Mommy is already dead," I lost my smile when she said that. There was sadness in the child's voice.

"Ah-sorry!" I immediately said and looked at the man.

"It's okay," he replied.

"Come on, Daddy Jehiel. You must bought me ice cream," the girl said.

He nodded and took the kid with him. We just smiled at each other. I watched them leave the store.

"Myra!" I heard Nhel's voice.

I immediately looked at him, he sat down in front of me.

"Nhel--"

"I'm late due to traffic, sorry for letting you wait. Did you wait too long?" he asked, smiling.

Suddenly the pineapple juice and burger that I ordered arrived.

"Come and eat with me," I offered to Nhel.

"Eat that. I'm fine. You need to eat and also your baby for it to be healthy!" he said laughing.

I rolled my eyes as he rejected my offer.

"Hmm? Why?"

"No... I'm just wondering if there's a problem," he said.

I looked down. How can I tell him that John is the one I already chose? He might still be hoping that he will win my heart.

I ate the burger and drank my pineapple before speaking.

"Ehem," I cleared my throat, "Nhel, I need to tell you something."

"What's that? It looks like you're serious with it," he asked while getting his cellphone from his pocket..