Chapter 48

John's POV

4 MONTHS LATER

I was getting dressed in uniform to get ready to go to work. I also arranged the bed sheet and scattered pillow and even folded the blanket.

"She's getting lazy..." I whispered while fixing it.

Since Myra took maternity leave, she has become lazy here at home, I always do the chores. Even getting water, I'm the one to do it. Also times when I was going to sleep but she'll still ask me to massage her leg even though she's only been sitting all day.

"JOHN!" I closed my eyes when I heard Myra's voice again.

Here she goes again ...

"SLICE THE WATERMELON!" she shouted from the living room.

I grabbed my bag and left the room. I saw Myra just using her cellphone but the TV was on.

"Are you watching?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied but her attention was still focused on the cellphone.

I just shrugged and took the watermelon from the refrigerator and sliced ​​it.

"Shit," I whispered as the juice went to my clothes.

I breathed heavily and forced myself to calm down. I'm getting dressed again!

"John?" Myra called again.

I put my arms in my head. Here she goes again...

"Yes, my love?" I asked and continued slicing the watermelon.

"JOHN!" he suddenly shouted.

As if she's being attacked by zombies.

"Why? What will you ask me to do?" I asked.

I already put the watermelon on the plate.

"I NEED YOU TO TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!" she shouted.

It was as if my heart stopped beating at what she said. I turned to her.

"ARRGGHH!" she cried out in pain.

"Shit!" I rushingly said as I grabbed the car key.

"MYRA! ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE BIRTH ?!" I asked and picked up the baby's bag.

"IS IT OBVIOUS !? MY WATER JUST POPPED! I FEEL SOMETHING IS COMING OUT!" she shouted which made me even more rushed.

I ran to the car and opened the gate. I threw back our baby's bag and returned immediately to Myra.

"WAIT!WAIT!" I shouted.

"IT FUCKING HURTS! DON'T ASK ME TO WAIT! WHY !? SHOULD I TELL THE CHILD TO WAIT TOO !?" Myra shouted.

I picked her up and immediately got into the car. I was so nervous that I seemed to have forgotten how to drive.

I was driving almost sluggishly and horned continuously so that people and vehicles would pull over for us to pass.

"JOHN BE CAREFUL! WE MIGHT NOT GET TO THE HOSPITAL!" Myra shouted.

"SORRY SIR, MY WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH!" I yelled at a tricycle driver who was mad because of my overtaking.

"AAAARRGHH!" Myra shouted, causing me to step on the car's gas.

We arrived at the hospital and there was a nurse outside who I immediately called. They immediately helped and laid Myra on the hospital bed.

"WHY DOES IT HURT SO MUCH!?" Myra shouted.

I ran to follow them to a room, and a doctor entered.

"The baby's stuff?" the nurse asked.