Chapter 26

Myra's P. O. V

I held my stomach while waiting for Mom's answer.

"All right, I agree" Mom said. So, I immediately hugged her.

"Thank you very much!" John said cheerfully.

"In one condition" Mom added so we stopped and look at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I need to see that you really love my daughter" Mom said and I smiled.

"He really loves me Mom, I can feel that" I said.

John's cellphone suddenly rang so he immediately apologized and left the house as he answered the phone call.

"You know that I'll be angry? That's why you leave, isn't it Myra? but I hope you just told me the truth" said Mom.

I sighed and held his hand.

"Mom, you know I'm a coward" I said.

"How's the baby? My grandson. How many months has it been?" she asked.

I smiled, "it's been four months." I said.

"What gender would you want? A girl or a boy" it asked me.

"It doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm already thinking of a name" I said and smiled.

"Have you thought of anything?" Mom asked.

"Nothing yet, I am searching for unique names and of course John needs to like it" I said.

I looked at the wall clock, it was time for Mom to take medicine. While I was preparing the medicine, I also took milk for me.

"Mom?" I said and handed the medicine and water to her.

I noticed John is still outside, and it's almost night time. So, I brought the milk and left the house. I saw him talking on the cellphone. Later he saw me looking at him so he put down his phone.

"Who is that? What's up?" I asked him and approached him.

"I had a friend in high school and then she just came back to the Philippines and said hello" he said to me and touched my shoulder. "How is your Mom? Is she sure that she's ok with me?"

I pulled him close to me and hugged him.

"Yes, thank you very much, promise I will pay you" I said.

"No need for that. Drink the milk you are holding, baby needs--" John stopped what he was going to say when we heard the car horn parked in front of our house.

"Do you know that?" I asked John.

"I don't--" he also stopped and looked at the car as it lowered the window.

"Karilyn?" John whispered and I looked at the woman in the red car.

"Do you know her?" I asked him again.

"JOHN!" the woman calls and get out of the car.

I let go of John and looked at the sexy woman approaching our gate.

"Wait, she's the friend I said whom just came home" John said and immediately approached the woman.

"A friend?" I whispered and drank the milk I was holding.

I looked at them and watch the woman touching John's arms.

"I'll borrow him first!" the woman shouted.

I still can't believe he immediately put John in her car.

"Really!" whispered and walked closer to the car but it suddenly started, "JOHN!?" I shouted angrily.

I entered the house with an irritated face.

"What happened? who's that woman? Did you think that you really loved that John? My God! That's what I'm saying, you should have recognized him before you got pregnant! That man was bad" said Mom.

"Mom, let's wait for his explanation. He told me earlier that she was just a friend of his, she just came home to the Philippines" I explained.

Mom just nodded and I gasped.

********************

John's P. O. V

Karilyn forced me to go with her, I could not refuse because she was also my longtime friend.

"Are you married?" she asked while driving.

"Not yet" I replied.

"I thought you were waiting for me, we promised to each other before, John" Karilyn said and parked the car at a fast food chain.

"It's been a long time, I also don't know what you did in Singapore. So, I expected that we forgot about it" I said.

Karilyn is not my ex girlfriend, she was just my friend who had a crush on me before. Because of teasing me I accompanied their trip but I did not expect her to believe and to hope.

"John, I just studied abroad but I kept my promise" she said.

"Sorry Karilyn, I'm going to have a baby, Myra is the woman you saw earlier and we already have a child" I said to her.

She sighed and I could see the sadness on her face.

"I hope I don't just leave" she said while looking at the road.

"We are still immature that time, we are just children so I thought--" she cut me off.

"Fine! So tell me, what's special with that woman?" Karilyn asked.

"She has a good heart" I whispered.

"So you got pregnant?" irritated it says.

I was caught in my senses.

"I'm your friend so, I trust you" I said and she looked at me.

"So what? Spill it" she said.

"I planned that, everything" I said and looked up at the sky.

"What plan?" she asked.

"I like her for 3 years she only thinks of me as a teacher, but she has a boyfriend so I need to do something to get that man to leave her, I won't let her down because I don't want her to be awkward in her studies. She's so smart but I was able to give her, I planned to drop her at the Demo so that she could come to me and ask for help, I said when she had sex with me I would pass her on, I said I'm not gonna get her pregnant. But my goal is to get her pregnant to let her be with me forever, I've waited for so long. Finally I also won." I said and smiled at her.

"I see, you're so obsess at her. I hope you're like that to me, too" Karilyn said laughing.

"You know that wouldn't happen, besides we're friends remember?" I told her.

"All right! I'll accept that you already friendzoned me, so let's go and eat" she said and got out of the car.

I followed her and we ate at the fast food chain across the street.